Help with info on watchmaster ultrasonic cleaner WT - Page 9
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Help with info on watchmaster ultrasonic cleaner WT

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Help with info on watchmaster ultrasonic cleaner WT

I just wanted to give a shout out to nauz and say thank you very much for rebuilding one of my Watchmaster ultrasonic cleaners.

He did superb and timely work and is a valuable asset to this forum.

Thank you Chris for the nice job and also thank you for your military service.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchugeek View Post
    I just wanted to give a shout out to nauz and say thank you very much for rebuilding one of my Watchmaster ultrasonic cleaners.

He did superb and timely work and is a valuable asset to this forum.

Thank you Chris for the nice job and also thank you for your military service.
    My pleasure.

Thank you Samantha for sticking this thread. These units have been workhorses in my shop for over 30 years but have never been serviced. The one that Chris rebuilt for has twice the power of my other units. I guess I just got used to seeing them operate in a less vigorous state until I got the one back from Chris.

The only problem is that I will now be searching the cups more often for dial screws and roller jewels lolol...

Help with info on watchmaster ultrasonic cleaner WT

Quote Originally Posted by Watchugeek View Post
    Thank you Samantha for sticking this thread. These units have been workhorses in my shop for over 30 years but have never been serviced. The one that Chris rebuilt for has twice the power of my other units. I guess I just got used to seeing them operate in a less vigorous state until I got the one back from Chris.

The only problem is that I will now be searching the cups more often for dial screws and roller jewels lolol...
    lol
    Last edited by nauz; January 8th, 2017 at 04:55.

Watchugeek,
    I'm like you, I've had mine since 1978 and it's never been serviced. That will change very soon though. They are workhorses, and I wouldn't trade it for any other machine!
    Samantha
    Last edited by Samantha; January 8th, 2017 at 02:50.

Help with info on watchmaster ultrasonic cleaner WT

Before and after underside shots of watchugeeks watchmaster wt.

Last edited by nauz; January 10th, 2017 at 08:31.

Wow! That looks wonderful! So nice and clean and organized well.
    Samantha
    nauz likes this.

Uploaded L&R Tempo 400 Operation Manual for anyone who needs it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfkgae153v...20400.pdf?dl=0

Greetings! Like the others, I'd like to thank you for posting so much useful and detailed information about these machines. In part because of the high praise these machines have received in this forum, I took the plunge and purchased a Mark II Ultrasonic with the intention of giving it a bit of TLC.

The current status of my Mark II is that it runs: both left and right ultrasonic cups vibrate (but barely) and the spin-dry cup spins (but is bent and wobbles so badly that high speed is not an option). These are the two main issues I'd like to address first. So, I'm seeking advice on the following:

1. What is the likely cause of the weak ultrasonic agitation? Do I need to clean or replace the tubes? The videos posted of similar machines show the liquid surface rippling beautifully -- mine shows only hints of vibration at the bottom of the can and I can feel only slight vibration with my finger. Same for both left and right sides. I've read that you need to let things warm up, so I ran the machine for about 10m (long enough?) without any change.

2. Any suggestions for straightening the spin-dry apparatus. The motor shaft is either bent or out of alignment AND the
    cup itself is bent at the bottom slotted-post where it inserts into the motor-shaft/axel. Would love to read about someone else's positive/negative experience with bending this back to true.

I've attached a photo for fun ... looks kind of gnarly at the moment, but I'm confident there is a gem under that grime.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Name:  markII.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  573.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by hr8799 View Post
    Greetings! Like the others, I'd like to thank you for posting so much useful and detailed information about these machines. In part because of the high praise these machines have received in this forum, I took the plunge and purchased a Mark II Ultrasonic with the intention of giving it a bit of TLC.

The current status of my Mark II is that it runs: both left and right ultrasonic cups vibrate (but barely) and the spin-dry cup spins (but is bent and wobbles so badly that high speed is not an option). These are the two main issues I'd like to address first. So, I'm seeking advice on the following:

1. What is the likely cause of the weak ultrasonic agitation? Do I need to clean or replace the tubes? The videos posted of similar machines show the liquid surface rippling beautifully -- mine shows only hints of vibration at the bottom of the can and I can feel only slight vibration with my finger. Same for both left and right sides. I've read that you need to let things warm up, so I ran the machine for about 10m (long enough?) without any change.

2. Any suggestions for straightening the spin-dry apparatus. The motor shaft is either bent or out of alignment AND the
    cup itself is bent at the bottom slotted-post where it inserts into the motor-shaft/axel. Would love to read about someone else's positive/negative experience with bending this back to true.

I've attached a photo for fun ... looks kind of gnarly at the moment, but I'm confident there is a gem under that grime.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Name:  markII.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  573.3 KB
    Hey hr8799,

I'll try and answer a bit for you.

Question 1- if the ultrasonic is low try adjusting the bras screw inside the machine located right above the tubes. Once you get good ultrasonic I like to put a drop of electrical tape glue or heat shrink a tube that will fit over the base and tight enough on the screw to keep it from moving. Some are provided with a washer and nut but some get lost over time. This is to keep it from moving off your setting. This pot changes the Hrz or cycles for the ultrasonic. Sometimes you can get poor performance of your tubes are bad or other electronics in that circuit.

Question 2- You have options for fixing the not true and misaligned spin dryer. Try and spin the cup with the bottom rod out and try to bend it back into alignment. Now with the motor, might be something like bearings are worn. The motors used a aluminum holder and had wells with material inside that held lubrication. If it's misaligned it's possible those are bad but those fans are the same as 120v bathroom exhaust fans. Those can just be replaced if you found the right diameter and length. If the one you purchase has a little too much you could cut off the extra to fit the dimensions. I'll have to look again at the dryer/heater top of the WT Mark II when I get the chance.

Nauz

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information