Need an advice...

Thread: Need an advice...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need an advice...

Hello,

Im trying to fix one Omega seamaster quartz 1337 movement and its acting very strange, at least for me.
    Movement is alive when the battery is connected but it does not working like it should...second hand is moving with steps maybe 4-5 sec. not 1 sec. as it should.
    Could it be electronic module?

Thank you.

Re: Need an advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Jasary View Post
    Hello, Im trying to fix one Omega seamaster quartz 1337 movement and its acting very strange, at least for me.
    Movement is alive when the battery is connected but it does not working like it should...second hand is moving with steps maybe 4-5 sec. not 1 sec. as it should.
    Could it be electronic module? Thank you.
    Have you checked the phasing?

Quote Originally Posted by pithy View Post
    Have you checked the phasing?
    Thanks for reply. I am hobbyist, and new to this so not familiar with the term 'phasing'. I know that Tuning fork watches need some phasing but 1337 is quartz?
    Am i missing something here?

Thank you for your help.

P.S.
    battery is new...
    Last edited by Jasary; September 4th, 2014 at 22:06.

Attached is an image for the 1332 as well as the tech sheet. I think the two movements are fundamentally similar. In the image, there is a magent on the ss arbor (which you can see) and one in the end of the center wheel (which you can't see in the image). First, these should be removed and cleaned with rodico and not run through the ultrasound...they can be demagnetized. Upon reinstallation, they should be installed such that they repell each other, pushing ss pinion toward the upper jewel. If one is missing (lost), they were inadvertantly demagetized, or they are installed such that they attract each other, this could cause your problem. This is not a movement I would recommend for a beginner...it is an unconventional quartz movement in many respects. Good luck.

1332TechSheet.pdf

Name:  Train.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  189.4 KB

Also, pls measure the battery voltage.
    Like me ! Like me !

Visit my BLOG.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchGuy View Post
    Attached is an image for the 1332 as well as the tech sheet. I think the two movements are fundamentally similar. In the image, there is a magent on the ss arbor (which you can see) and one in the end of the center wheel (which you can't see in the image). First, these should be removed and cleaned with rodico and not run through the ultrasound...they can be demagnetized. Upon reinstallation, they should be installed such that they repell each other, pushing ss pinion toward the upper jewel. If one is missing (lost), they were inadvertantly demagetized, or they are installed such that they attract each other, this could cause your problem. This is not a movement I would recommend for a beginner...it is an unconventional quartz movement in many respects. Good luck.

1332TechSheet.pdf

Name:  Train.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  189.4 KB
    Thank you.

Try that, even buy another one battery...same results...ive measured voltage on the pins of electronic module, pins that connect to solenoid and there is no or so low voltage that my instrument hardly can show (analog instrument)...so i guess its electronic module...:(

Anyone have one? To sell?

Btw someone before me try to fix this watch, ive noticed some scratch on plate and screw heads...
    Last edited by Jasary; September 5th, 2014 at 18:27.

Obviously you can replace the movement with a working movement (if you can find one). From description in your OP, it still sounds like the issue is mechanical or is related to electrical contacts. These movements do not have cannon/friction pinions as do traditional movements. So the related functions depend on magnetic couplings or "clutches". If any component is incorrectly installed, demagnetized, dirty or missing it can cause failure or unusual behavior. Until the circuit is correctly diagnosed for frequency, rate, and current consumption, don't assume it is the fault. (This dianosis is beyond the capability of a standard multimeter). Regards, BG

Quote Originally Posted by BenchGuy View Post
    (This dianosis is beyond the capability of a standard multimeter). Regards, BG
    I know that but dont have tools for propper diagnose...just multimeter...:(
    Clean all movement, all parts are in, nothing missing, demagnetized? (watch didn't work about maybe 7-10 years) thats what i was told...new, working movement?...but i would like to repair it my self...its challenge...

Thanks and Regards.

After further consideration, deleted. Good luck to you in your horological endeavors.
    Last edited by BenchGuy; September 5th, 2014 at 18:37.

Im not doing this for making any money. Yes i do sell some of the watches but just to have enough money to buy books, tools etc...I do not intend anyone to create any problems having regard to somebody job...

Thank you for your advice and kind regards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information