Need help with CWC W10 Front loader - Page 2

Thread: Need help with CWC W10 Front loader

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Need help with CWC W10 Front loader

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm having the same trouble as the topic starter. Unfortunately the Photobucket-pictures are not available anymore. Could someone please post those or similar pictures?
    Or explain in a detailed fashion how to remove the movement from the case?

Thanks!

Use a crystal remover (claw type) to remove the crystal.

The stem/crown arrangement should be of the split type looking something like this:

If the split stem is of the snap in type (so that split part holds male part with considerable friction), you use force to "unsnap" the outer half and crown as lysanderviii describes, then invert the case to allow the movement complete to drop out. If of the "slotted" type, you rotate the crown such that the slot is perpendicular to the plane of the dial, invert the case and the movement/dial complete should drop into your hand.

Regards, BG

Or do you mean this kind of front (end) loader:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by BenchGuy; 1 Week Ago at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchGuy View Post
    If the split stem is of the snap in type (so that split part holds male part with considerable friction), you use force to "unsnap" the outer half and crown as lysanderviii describes, then invert the case to allow the movement complete to drop out. If of the "slotted" type, you rotate the crown such that the slot is perpendicular to the plane of the dial, invert the case and the movement/dial complete should drop into your hand.
    Thanks for your advice. The trouble is that I don't know exactly what kind of split stem is used in this watch, and I'm a bit reluctant to try and use force... I already tried turning the crown while holding the watch dial down, but the movement didn't fall out at any point. Is it safe to assume in this case that the stem is of the first type you described?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information