Open source timing software. - Page 13
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Open source timing software.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: Open source timing software.

I use the regular version as well.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    My modest collection:
    Omega: 231.10.42.21.06.001
    , 2503.30, 2531.80, 3590.50, 2234.50, 3290.50, 2221.80
    Tissot: Le Locle , Tissot PRS516 Automatic, Tissot PRS516 Chrono Quartz, Tissot T-Touch
    Archer Aero II, Bulova precisionist, Duke mechancial, Scurfa Diver One

"If you know what you're doing... It's not research..."

I tried the lite version just to see if it worked. My newest computer, i5 WIN10, has more than enough horsepower to run the regular version. My old computer has more audio inputs and I may want to use this computer in my search for the perfect microphone. I don't think it has enough memory or horsepower to run the regular version.

Just run the software on my Mac. (Thanks for making it easy Dnmc), loaded up a treat and works well.
    I purchased a great watch microphone, probably a piezo device, which is effective.

Can I just ask what is probably a stupid question, I'm unclear what it is I'm looking at! The top bar is obvious, beat error, amplitude and timing. To the left is the conventional paper type reading. But there are two other panes, I guess they are the tic toks? These panes are marked as milliseconds and degrees? And the blue line that varies in position?
    I could ignore it all and just take the readings, but I would like to be able to "read" properly what is on the screen, would be very useful in diagnosing escapement problems.

A fabulous piece of software, really good!

Snake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you contrate_wheel for your awesome work

just what I was looking for

I'm on Kubuntu 15.04 amd64, it compiles fine and runs very well with the integrated mic of my laptop.

ordered a LM741 based amp and piezo mics to build a testing stand.

I just use the regular version, but I have now updated the homebrew formula to install tg-lt also, in case someone wants to try that on Mac.

I am having an irritating problem though. I wonder contrate_wheel if you could help with.

When I try to use a mono microphone (a piezoelectric) I get this error:

Error opening audio input: Invalid number of channels
    Is that coming from tg itself or one of it's dependencies do you know? I've done a bit of Googling but can't work out where the problem is.
    Stowa Flieger Klassik 40 Ikarus | NTH Amphion Vintage | Seikos old and new | A heap of Vostok Amphibians | A handful of Raketas | A pile of Timexes

Quote Originally Posted by dmnc View Post
    When I try to use a mono microphone (a piezoelectric) I get this error
    This is caused by tg requesting a stereo input source. It looks like it can be fixed by having tg ask for a mono input instead since it doesn't seem to actually use the stereo data.

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    This is caused by tg requesting a stereo input source. It looks like it can be fixed by having tg ask for a mono input instead since it doesn't seem to actually use the stereo data.
    I've had a dig around int he source but with no luck here. If I ask for just 1 channel (either by checking the number available or forcing it) I get no signal whatsoever. C is not my language in the slightest and I've never used PortAudio so I'm stumbling in the dark a bit here.

I'll raise an issue on GitHub and add a bit of detail.
    Stowa Flieger Klassik 40 Ikarus | NTH Amphion Vintage | Seikos old and new | A heap of Vostok Amphibians | A handful of Raketas | A pile of Timexes

Quote Originally Posted by Snakepottery View Post
    Just run the software on my Mac. (Thanks for making it easy Dnmc), loaded up a treat and works well.
    I purchased a great watch microphone, probably a piezo device, which is effective.
    Do you have a link for your microphone? I'm searching one for me.
    Last edited by beastomaniac; February 23rd, 2016 at 10:49.

I don't really have a recommendation. I have a couple of super cheap ones off the bay I've been experimenting with. Order by price + postage and you'll find them.

They're mostly sold as guitar pickups.

So far I've experimented with the clip on style. It definitely seems an improvement over the microphone on the side of my MacBook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dmnc View Post
    If I ask for just 1 channel (either by checking the number available or forcing it) I get no signal whatsoever.
    You also need to change some other Portaudio parts that handle the incoming signal. The code currently assumes two channels and will generate garbled data if just fed mono. Easy enough to fix, but perhaps contrate_wheel will chime in with the best way to do it in case the algorithm also relies on stereo data.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information