Open source timing software. - Page 14
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Open source timing software.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Re: Open source timing software.

awesome software contrate_wheel!!!
    here it is running on Wine, I hadn't seen this mentioned in the thread. just set the watch right on the mic. works a little better with a towel a hand on the watch. tg can hear the seiko though the case, leaning against the monitor, e.g. 9 up. mic turned all the way up with ambient noise reduction on for the mac (mid-2009).
    my dad's GP
    Name:  IMG_2497.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  2.18 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry for what can seem like a silly question: how do you install this on mac? I have read the previous posts, installed homebrew, but I am not a sotware programmer and am not well versed in coding/termal commands etc. A simple 'how to install' would be awsome for us computer illiterate mac users out there!

Thanks for the super software!

Quote Originally Posted by evilphoton View Post
    awesome software contrate_wheel!!!
    here it is running on Wine, I hadn't seen this mentioned in the thread. just set the watch right on the mic. works a little better with a towel a hand on the watch. tg can hear the seiko though the case, leaning against the monitor, e.g. 9 up. mic turned all the way up with ambient noise reduction on for the mac (mid-2009).
    my dad's GP
    Name:  IMG_2497.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  2.18 MB

There is a precise install instructions for Mac a page or two back. It was very straightforward and worked for me first time. Just follow the step be step guide.
    I'm no programmer either but had no issues.

Snake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    watchuseektom likes this.

After a whole afternoon installing homewbrew to install wine, to have wine fail at installing tg, I went back to the steps a few pages back and apparently installed tg successfully. Now my quesiton is: where is the program? Nothing in my apps or library folders... anything special to open the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakepottery View Post
    There is a precise install instructions for Mac a page or two back. It was very straightforward and worked for me first time. Just follow the step be step guide.
    I'm no programmer either but had no issues.

Snake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well, I have apparently installed wine, entered command $ open ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files then put all the files in the tg folder in system 32 folder, entered wine tg.exe and here I am with tg opened. Magic. Now to get to work!

EDIT, here's what I was able to get with a 1975 Omega speedmaster:

Name:  Capture d’écran 2016-03-10 à 09.29.34.png
Views: 341
Size:  100.6 KB

And a 1980 Seiko turtle:

Name:  Capture d’écran 2016-03-10 à 09.50.48.png
Views: 337
Size:  123.3 KB

Awesome software!
    Last edited by watchuseektom; March 10th, 2016 at 16:03.

Installing & running native on Linux Mint (Ubuntu)

Cool software!

For linux users, I got this running on my HP Envy laptop running Linux Mint 17.1 (Ubuntu 14.04). No fooling around with WINE, just a nice, native program.

Here are the installation instructions that worked for me. I say "worked for me" because there may have been other necessary development packages that I'd already installed. In any case, it was as simple as...

from a terminal window (command line)

to build it:

• sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev # install various packages needed for the program compilation
    • sudo apt-get install libjack-jackd2-dev # the order of installation is important
    • sudo apt-get install portaudio19-dev # because libjack must be installed before portaudio
    • sudo apt-get install libfftw3-dev
    • sudo apt-get install git # this is just to download the source
    • cd # go to home directory
    • git clone git@github.com:vacaboja/tg.git # just downloads the source from https://github.com/vacaboja/tg
    • cd tg # change directory to location of source code
    • make # build the program

to run it:

• ./tg # run it

Here's a screenshot of a movement I'm trying to regulate (and not doing a very good job).

Name:  Screenshot from 2016-03-16 23:35:57.png
Views: 316
Size:  157.7 KB

Re: Installing & running native on Linux Mint (Ubuntu)

Hey
    I know that the purpose of this freeware is not to compete with professional timegrapher BUT I would like to ask that: Did someone has the chance to compare this software to a professional timegrapher ?
    THANKS !
    Avihai

Quote Originally Posted by avihai View Post
    Did someone has the chance to compare this software to a professional timegrapher ?
    I've got an ACE No. 1000 Timegrapher arriving next week. When it gets here I'll do a side-by-side comparison.
    WiZARD7, avihai and contrate_wheel like this.

Glad you got it!! I could have gotten lucky with the install, but I used https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX to start with. it's probably a pretty cheesy way to run an exe on a mac, but I had tried long ago on ubuntu and didn't get anywhere, so decided to try it. I'll try the correct mac install earlier in this thread at some point, but to me the functionality is seamless. I know you're not supposed to have to with a linux kernel, but i had to reboot a few times before the program would run and not lock up - i assume it was wine's interaction with either the tg or the OS. i just stuck the tg executables and libraries in a desktop folder.

Quote Originally Posted by watchuseektom View Post
    After a whole afternoon installing homewbrew to install wine, to have wine fail at installing tg, I went back to the steps a few pages back and apparently installed tg successfully. Now my quesiton is: where is the program? Nothing in my apps or library folders... anything special to open the program?

Well, I have apparently installed wine, entered command $ open ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files then put all the files in the tg folder in system 32 folder, entered wine tg.exe and here I am with tg opened. Magic. Now to get to work!

EDIT, here's what I was able to get with a 1975 Omega speedmaster:

Quote Originally Posted by dmnc View Post
    I'll raise an issue on GitHub and add a bit of detail.
    Hi, I answered to your ticket on GitHub some time ago. Did you test the fix?

Quote Originally Posted by pbnelson View Post
    I've got an ACE No. 1000 Timegrapher arriving next week. When it gets here I'll do a side-by-side comparison.
    Great! I am very interested too, thanks a lot!

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast