Open source timing software. - Page 22
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Open source timing software.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Re: Open source timing software.

I tried it and my beat error seems more in line with the timegrapher. Thank you and great job.

It does seem to go to the high BE for periods of time but then it comes back down.

Mac users, with the new version of tg (0.4.0) a few things have changed.

We now have versioned releases which will make it much easier to upgrade existing installations.

Everything below assumes that you have already managed to install Homebrew correctly. If you haven't, please see brew.sh

However, if you installed originally using the --HEAD option, you will need to do the following to get on the new versioned train:

Code:
    brew update
    brew uninstall tg
    brew install tg
    For new users, everything is simple:

Code:
    brew install dmnc/horology/tg
    After this, upgrading is easy:

Code:
    brew update
    brew upgrade tg
    Please post here, or on the github repo (https://github.com/dmnc/homebrew-horology) if you have any issues specifically with mac installation.

Lastly, and very important, the executable has been renamed from tg to tg-timer, so to open the application, you now need to run

Code:
    tg-timer
    Last edited by dmnc; October 20th, 2016 at 13:07.
    contrate_wheel likes this.
    Seiko 6139-7101 | Seiko SARB017 Aplinist | Rodina Small Seconds | Tisell Flieger | Bulova A11 | Vostok Amphibian | A handful of Raketa's | A heap of Timexes, old and new

Thanks for this dmnc.

The new version of tg (0.4.0) comes with minor improvements in the handling of the beat error, and major cosmetic changes.
    - We have a Microsoft Installer package.
    - The old distribution via zipped directory is still available.
    - The OS X installer has been improved by dmnc (see post above).
    - We have .deb packages for Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, etc.
    - We also have an icon.
    Name:  tg-timer.png
Views: 587
Size:  3.9 KB

The new download page is https://tg.ciovil.li, and the old url of tg.zip should now redirect automatically to this page.

The various packages have been tested by me on several platforms (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 10, Linux Debian, Ubuntu, Mint). If you encounter any malfunction, please report it!
    gotzon555 and dmnc like this.

Mac update worked for me. I did run into some issues but I think I was using the wrong command (update vs upgrade). Anyway it seemed to install correctly and runs just fine now on the new version. Although I don't notice any major cosmetic improvements. It pretty much looks exactly the same as before.

All in all, I love using this thing!

Thanks guys for the updates :)

contrate_wheel

Thank you for one year of timegrapher

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Quote Originally Posted by NEKNIM View Post
    Mac update worked for me. I did run into some issues but I think I was using the wrong command (update vs upgrade).
    It's really confusing. Update means update the catalogue, so that homebrew knows about the newest version whereas upgrade actually installs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NEKNIM likes this.
    Seiko 6139-7101 | Seiko SARB017 Aplinist | Rodina Small Seconds | Tisell Flieger | Bulova A11 | Vostok Amphibian | A handful of Raketa's | A heap of Timexes, old and new

Thanks sincerely Klaus!

I didn't notice that it is one year since this thread has started. Surely, thanks to many who contributed here, my prototype has improved considerably during this time. I'm very happy of this outcome, for which I'm grateful to you all.

@NEKNIM: Sorry, the "major cosmetic improvements" were ironical. I was actually referring to the various packages for Windows and Debian. Despite appearances, these things are quite fiddly to make, especially Microsoft Installer packages.
    NEKNIM likes this.

Hi DMNC,

Is there a way of creating an icon that calls Terminal and then TG-Timer? It would be nice just to click the icon and away we go!

Thanks

Snake
    Quote Originally Posted by dmnc View Post
    Mac users, with the new version of tg (0.4.0) a few things have changed.

We now have versioned releases which will make it much easier to upgrade existing installations.

Everything below assumes that you have already managed to install Homebrew correctly. If you haven't, please see brew.sh

However, if you installed originally using the --HEAD option, you will need to do the following to get on the new versioned train:

Code:
    brew update
    brew uninstall tg
    brew install tg
    For new users, everything is simple:

Code:
    brew install dmnc/horology/tg
    After this, upgrading is easy:

Code:
    brew update
    brew upgrade tg
    Please post here, or on the github repo (https://github.com/dmnc/homebrew-horology) if you have any issues specifically with mac installation.

Lastly, and very important, the executable has been renamed from tg to tg-timer, so to open the application, you now need to run

Code:
    tg-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Snakepottery View Post
    Hi DMNC,

Is there a way of creating an icon that calls Terminal and then TG-Timer? It would be nice just to click the icon and away we go!

Thanks

Snake
    I've had a bit of a go but not with great success so far.

I agree, it would be a nice improvement but creating a gtk Mac app has proved pretty tricky, although it might be easier if tg is upgraded to gtk3 (something I believe contrate_wheel has considered).

I will try again when I get the chance but would also welcome any help if anybody here has experience of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Snakepottery View Post

Hi!

Unfortunately homebrew seems to take a rather console-centric approach. As a workaround you might consider the Automator component of OS X. I have not used OS X for several years now, but the first answer here How to put a custom launcher in the Dock (Mavericks) might just be what you are looking for...

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information