Open source timing software. - Page 4
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Open source timing software.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Open source timing software.

Quote Originally Posted by diveboy View Post
    it had trouble with a high beat movement, kept jumping between 18,000 and 36,000.
    Thanks! You have hit a known bug, that was already fixed, hopefully. However, my fault, I forgot to make a new Windows binary. May I ask you to re-download (you will recognize the latest version by "tg 0.1.0" in the upper left corner), repeat the experiment once more, and tell me the result?

Clearly you understood that the beat error 3.6ms for your Elgin Grade 760 is spurious. I guess that tg actually displayed a value close to zero, the correct one, most of the time, and it jumped to 3.6 occasionally. This happens because, as you can see, the waveforms of the tic and the toc are very different from eachother, and this fact confuses tg quite a bit. It would help me a lot if you could send me a 30 seconds recording of your watch...

The Elgin Grade 69 looks great! Is the lift angle of this movement really 52?

Thanks again for your contribution!
    Last edited by contrate_wheel; November 27th, 2015 at 00:38.

Feature requests

1. "Reset" button, I found when swapping watches I was just closing it and launching it again.

The Elgin Grade 760 hasn't been serviced, so I expect it to be "random" and didn't read too much into it.

The Elgin grade 69 has been serviced by an expert and you can clearly see the results. I'll confirm the lift angle with said expert and redo the testing if it's different.

I'll download again and test in the next 48 hours.

Thanks again
    Last edited by diveboy; November 27th, 2015 at 01:22. Reason: added feature request
    Ticonderoga likes this.
    Disruptive Elgin Collector
    Hidden Content

two feature requests

1. "Reset" button, I found when swapping watches I was just closing it and launching it again.
    2. Version number in Title - will confirm what version is being ran.

The Elgin Grade 760 hasn't been serviced, so I expect it to be "random" and didn't read too much into it.

The Elgin grade 69 has been serviced by an expert and you can clearly see the results. I'll confirm the lift angle with said expert and redo the testing if it's different.

I'll download again and test in the next 48 hours.

Thanks again
    Great, thanks to you!

Feature 1. Perhaps you are referring to the fact that the animation stops when a watch is not detected any more. This is just to allow close examination of the trace. As soon as a watch is detected again, tg should resume its normal function automatically. Can you confirm?
    Feature 2. Just did :) Starting from the latest version it's on the top left of the window, before there was no version number at all...

Quote Originally Posted by contrate_wheel View Post
    Great, thanks to you!

Feature 1. Perhaps you are referring to the fact that the animation stops when a watch is not detected any more. This is just to allow close examination of the trace. As soon as a watch is detected again, tg should resume its normal function automatically. Can you confirm?
    Feature 2. Just did :) Starting from the latest version it's on the top left of the window, before there was no version number at all...
    it does resume but I like a clean slate for a new test, IE if I change watch or change watch position, then by resetting the display, I know when it started testing, I don't have to remember at what point I changed something.
    Disruptive Elgin Collector
    Hidden Content

it does resume but I like a clean slate for a new test, IE if I change watch or change watch position, then by resetting the display, I know when it started testing, I don't have to remember at what point I changed something.
    I see, basically a "clear trace" button. That's a good idea, and it's also very easy to add. I will certainly do it in the version with the amplitude!

Thanks again!

What format do you want the recording in?

What format do you want the recording in?
    I would prefer a lossless format (.wav for instance), but anything will do! I PM to you my e-mail address in case you prefer to send it there. Thanks again!

Nuntio vobis gaudium magnum: habemus amplitudinem!

Well, just a little update to tell you that I have a tentative amplitude algorithm that should be more or less stable if the audio is good. The download link is the same
    http://ciovil.li/tg.zip
    and the source code is here
    https://github.com/vacaboja/tg

Thanks to all those that contributed so far, and in particular to Baillive, Diveboy, Klaus, and Ocram.

Testing is dearly needed and comments of all sorts are deeply appreciated!

Here is the obbligatory screenshot of tg 0.2.0 running on a fine sample provided by Klaus.

Name:  screenshot.png
Views: 631
Size:  50.6 KB

Great !

I tried to compile on OSX, but the executable crash at launch because he's not able to find the font, even if they are in the same folder. The result was the same when I installed the font on the system.

I tried a few things, but I was not able to find a workaround. Maybe the solution is to use relative path ? Or maybe the system for selecting a font is fundamentally different on OSX.

I was going to do a small UI suggestion and ask for the data fields in the same order as real machines, but when checking I realized they are not all the same.

The original red Witschi Watch Expert had the fields as: RATE - BEAT ERROR - AMPLITUDE (and bph & lift angle at the bottom)

Witschi Watch Expert III has: RATE - AMPLITUDE - BEAT ERROR (and at the bottom CALIBER PARAMETERS, with bph & lift angle)

The Chinese Timegraphers are: RATE - AMPLITUDE - BEAT ERROR - PARAMETERS (bph / lift angle)

I guess the common order is to have the amplitude before the beat error, so maybe those could be switched around. Perhaps the bph reading could be moved out to after the bph setting above, since it's not something that will change.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information