US Sources for Watch Parts, Cases, Bands/Straps, Etc,
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Samantha
  • 1 Post By pithy

Thread: US Sources for Watch Parts, Cases, Bands/Straps, Etc,

US Sources for Watch Parts, Cases, Bands/Straps, Etc,

This sticky is only for posting information regarding US made sources for cases, case parts, bands/straps, movement parts, etc. All other posts will be removed. Please include parts sourced and contact information for the vendor.
    Samantha
    Last edited by Samantha; November 20th, 2015 at 20:40.
    nauz and Tomas472 like this.

Re: US Sources for Watch Parts, Cases, Bands/Straps, Etc,

Acon Watch Crown Co.

Acon Watch Crown, headed by Arnold Cohen, manufactures watch crowns and watch buckles in New Jersey. I buy a lot of my watch buckles and crowns from him.
    He may manufacture other watch related items. He also carries assortments of other watch parts.

[QUOTE=Carl Stevens;22341314]
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere else View Post
    Acon Watch Crown Co.

Acon Watch Crown, headed by Arnold Cohen, manufactures watch crowns and watch buckles in New Jersey. I buy a lot of my watch buckles and crowns from him.
    He may manufacture other watch related items. He also carries assortments of other watch parts.
    The William S McCaw Company,
    William S. McCaw is one of the world's leading suppliers of quality watch materials, tools, supplies and equipment to the watchmaking and jewelry industries.
    The William S. McCaw Company does not MAKE anything they sell. Acon Watch Crown is a MANUFACTURER, that is they manufacture watch crowns and watch band buckles and may manufacture other parts for watches, as well as selling some watch supplies. But they are primarily known as a manufacturer of watch crowns.

Almost every major city in the USA has a parts supply house like McCaw. some have more than one. But I think the purpose of these stickies might be to list actual manufacturers of watch parts, not just vendors.At least that's how I interpret it.

Which brings me to Lititz Precision. This American Company located in Pennsylvania, manufactures a complete line of watch cleaning machinery, pressure testers and also condensation testers, as well as watch case interior moisture testers.

Lititz Precision Products | Quality Watch Testing Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere else View Post
    . . . But I think the purpose of these stickies might be to list actual manufacturers of watch parts, not just vendors.At least that's how I interpret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    This sticky is only for posting information regarding US sources for cases, case parts, bands/straps, movement parts, etc. . . .
    Not for sure if I get the same spin (jist) out of the above. Perhaps the OP can clarify for you.

From the City of Brotherly Love (no, not San Francisco):

Sapphire Windows, Optical Components, & Precision Glass Company for Industrial Markets | Swiss Jewel

jewels and crystals
    mars-red likes this.

My original post has been revised to provide clarity regarding US made materials.
    Samantha

Thank you for the revision, Samantha. I've also used the source for sapphire that Pithy recommends. The owner at the time told me that they were originally Waltham's jewel manufacturing division, but were spun off as an independent company in 1920, as the market for jeweled bearings was growing well beyond the demands of the watch industry. There are several other survivors of American watch companies similar to them including Hamilton Precision metals Overview I've heard that they will supply, on demand, the hairspring material that Hamilton used to use and all other metals. Just come prepared for a minimum order of 5000 meters or more.

While I'm at it, I might add another survivor, the Waltham aircraft Clock corporation, which is still manufacturing 8 day winding precision aircraft clocks in the USA . The also manufacture a complete line of electronic aircraft clocks. walthamclocksHome

I originally intend to post sources of American-made watch maker's lathes and collets. Derbyshire lathes are very much still in business. You have to contact them directly and discuss your needs with them, but they manufacture WW collet lathes, as well as high precision small lathes in drilling machines adapted to the demands of the aerospace industry. Like Levin, this is production quality equipment, and far out of the reach of most amateurs. Expect to spend in excess of $100 per collet with either Derbyshire or Levin.

Sherline manufactures an extensive line of lathes, milling machines and drilling machines, as well as a very well thought of series of WW collets. Typically collets from Sherline are in the $ 10+ range. Many clocks have been made on Sherline equipment and not a few watches.

For some reason Derbyshire has three sites:

Derbyshire Precision Lathes Since 1911
    F.W. Derbyshire Inc.
    Derbyshire Precision Lathes Since 1911

Levin can be found at

AAA- Louis Levin Precision Lathes and Machinery (CNC Machinery and CNC Lathes) for Miniature and Micro-Miniature Parts

I use Sherline collects regular and am very satisfied with them.

Sherline Lathes

Thanks for the sources

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Thread Information