Water resistance and caseback removal?

Thread: Water resistance and caseback removal?

Water resistance and caseback removal?

Greetings all! noob-ite Here in this fascinating forum with a question I am sure has been asked repeatedly, but I couldn't find a relevant post..

in in trying to regulate my Tawatec Selita200 I have removed the caseback several times, adjusted and replaced. The gasket is in good shape- I inspect each time before reassembly. Can I reasonably assume it will maintain WR as long as the gasket is in good shape, or should I be replacing the gasket each time I open?

i would add that I am not worried about factory scep WR to 100m just ok in the shower, pool, hot tub.
    thanks for your opinions!
    best-
    BS

Re: Water resistance and caseback removal?

As long as it's not stretched I'd say it's still good though you should definitely use some silicone grease on the gasket. Also when ever I regulate any of my watches over a period of time I do not tighten the case back down as tight as I normally would to prevent stretching of the gasket
    Last edited by matt1415; April 9th, 2017 at 05:19.

agreed with matt1415 although if you have opened it a lot than it starts to flatten. What I usually do is the first time I open a case I usually order a few case back gaskets for future use. Always use silicone and you should pressure test. I made my own pressure tester and I test it to 3 BAR. Does the trick for my purposes

Quote Originally Posted by horsetrailer View Post
    agreed with matt1415 although if you have opened it a lot than it starts to flatten. What I usually do is the first time I open a case I usually order a few case back gaskets for future use. Always use silicone and you should pressure test. I made my own pressure tester and I test it to 3 BAR. Does the trick for my purposes
    Hey I'd be interested in finding out how you made your own pressure tester if you'd be willing to share that. I really don't feel like spending the $500 on something I may only use a few times in my case. I don't mean to hijack a thread but it may be of interest to the op given the topic. Thanks

Thread Information