WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour - Page 10
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Greetings all!

Officially added to the 'list' yesterday and could not be more excited for my date with this little lady. Where is the watch now?

I have been brainstorming some photo ideas that would show the watch in my town. Luckily photography just happens to be my wife's favorite hobby.

-Mike

Sorry guys my photo skills are good but posting them not so much I promise next week you will see some action on this wonderful high tech uhh piece of watch hehehe I think you'll like the improvements Rik
    Rik Dietel Century 21 Certified Watchmaker
    Omega Service Provider Trained

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

All:

Rik was having some trouble posting pictures, so I'm doing that for him. Rik has timed the watch properly, and added a goldfilled crown to match the case.

Name:  rik1.JPG
Views: 1064
Size:  1.36 MB
    Name:  rik2.JPG
Views: 891
Size:  1.39 MB
    Name:  rik3.JPG
Views: 911
Size:  1.40 MB
    Name:  rik4.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  1.40 MB
    Name:  rik5.JPG
Views: 880
Size:  1.43 MB
    Name:  rik6.JPG
Views: 827
Size:  1.45 MB

New crown looks great Rik: I don't see any witchisi results - how did the timing go, and what adjustments were needed? What can you tell the group about your shop, tools, tenure, or advice?

Thanks,

Howdy I use a Vibrograf MU700 I did take pictures of the timing procedure and will forward them along I have to download to photobucket and have figured how to get them here. Well the etachron adjustment was set backwards so set the reg pin centered the spring and timed to about 2 seconds a day fast. My shop is a full Rolex Omega and many others shop. I have parts accounts for pretty much all companies that sell to watchmakers. I am CW 21 certified and am going to Miami in august for the Omega Service Provider Course a one week course. Over the years I have bought out over thirty retired and passed away watchmakers and have more antique parts than most parts houses. I have 4 watchbenches a jewelers bench and very large clock bench. I have enough tools to outfit at least 5 watchmakers. I have a new german hydralic watch bench with vacuum system coming a new X1 chronscope timing machine a diablic E vacuum tester and at that point 20 g's later I won't be buying anything for a while. As far as advice goes I love what I do so to me it's not work. I work at home so 14 hour days are the norm and yes I do have a life I am also a licensed Coast Guard Captain and dive and fish when I can don't do many charters anymore except for friends and relatives. If you like watches and fixing them join a local guild take classes read and study and practice and get certified. If there are no local guilds start one as a subsidiary of The American Watch and Clock Institute they will help you get one started. That's how I got going and it was an invaluable source of information. On average I service 15 to 20 Rolexes a week plus 25 other brands from movement swaps to cells and watertests and details. and about 3 to 5 clocks a week as well. Well that covers most of it so if you all have any questions I am and always have been an open book. Thanx for letting me be part of the WUSF6 world watch tour. Rik
    Rik Dietel Century 21 Certified Watchmaker
    Omega Service Provider Trained

pej

This thread is a great read! Is the watch still in Florida now?

Enjoying this thread a lot and glad the watch landed in The Netherlands and was in the good hands of Ron for awhile. Looking forward to the continuing story.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

I want to be that watch. It will see the hole world. So crazy and cool. The person who started this has my respect. Like this the world is a small place...
    Greetings from Belgium...

Well said indeed
    2016 Sinn EZM3F Mission Timer
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom Conversion
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued

"I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    Dirtvictim 2011

Well said indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by laurent38 View Post
    I want to be that watch. It will see the hole world. So crazy and cool. The person who started this has my respect. Like this the world is a small place...
    Greetings from Belgium...
    2016 Sinn EZM3F Mission Timer
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom Conversion
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued

"I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    Dirtvictim 2011

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

The little ugly duckling has landed back in the Great White North, ticking away to beat the band.

I'll find some time in the next few days to take a closer look and flesh out some ideas for it, everyone will be updated as appropriate.

Name:  breil arrival.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  286.5 KB

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information