WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour - Page 12
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Quote Originally Posted by 4 rings View Post
    I like that hand made strap biased & critical, it goes with the watch well. I dont think there is alot of people out there with the know how to makes straps these days.
    Thanks, for that. To be honest, there is a few hours that goes into a strap like that, and while it is well built and will last for a long time, I'm more concerned about the 11 hours over 4 days I put into painting a new dial, that I wasn't able to use. I may never want to wear a loupe again... I barely took it off all weekend while I worked on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    Thanks, for that. To be honest, there is a few hours that goes into a strap like that, and while it is well built and will last for a long time, I'm more concerned about the 11 hours over 4 days I put into painting a new dial, that I wasn't able to use. I may never want to wear a loupe again... I barely took it off all weekend while I worked on that.
    I'd love to see this dial. Can you upload some pics for us?

That is a great looking strap .

In fact, you inspired me to make one for my current favourite

The quality of stitching is nowhere close to yours but I am quite happy with it.

Aditya
    My blog: Hidden Content

Dial making is extreemly hard, it would be interesting to see how it turned out anyways. What went wrong with it? And sometimes when i get home i still feel like I have my loupe on, its watchmaking phantom pains.

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Quote Originally Posted by aditya View Post
    That is a great looking strap .

In fact, you inspired me to make one for my current favourite

The quality of stitching is nowhere close to yours but I am quite happy with it.

Aditya
    As well you should be, it turned out beautiful. Your stitching work is just fine: evenly spaced and pulled, and the lines appear straight to me.

Hello all,

Watch has arrived in Pittsburgh! I will post more later but thought i'd take a quick photo to showoff off B&C's strap. I hadn't noticed in his previous pic but the interior of the strap is a shade of green and looks quite nice. Well done! A few initial impressions: Crown not working; could not manually wind watch. Movement running at roughly -18 sec/day. Lastly, I was surprised at how thick the watch was (13.5mm).

Name:  IMG_0977.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  149.5 KB

More to come.

-Mike

Hello all,

Watch has arrived in Pittsburgh! I will post more later but thought i'd take a quick photo to showoff off B&C's strap. I hadn't noticed in his previous pic but the interior of the strap is a shade of green and looks quite nice. Well done! A few initial impressions: Crown not working; could not manually wind watch. Movement running at roughly -18 sec/day. Lastly, I was surprised at how thick the watch was (13.5mm).

Name:  IMG_0977.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  149.5 KB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinpa View Post
    Crown not working; could not manually wind watch. Movement running at roughly -18 sec/day.
    Yeesh. Maybe we should have started a collection so that this thing could travel in better class. After my dissapointment at not being able to instal my dial, I put the original back on, set the time (didn't bother with the date, although I could see it was turning on time) and then wore it to the ball game: all was well.

Yeesh. Maybe we should have started a collection so that this thing could travel in better class. After my dissapointment at not being able to instal my dial, I put the original back on, set the time (didn't bother with the date, although I could see it was turning on time) and then wore it to the ball game: all was well.
    I have just the thing to ensure safer travels, a small travel watch case that I have never used. Now I just need to remember where I put it.

I found some time this evening to work on the watch. As stated in my previous post the watch arrived in Pittsburgh with a non-working crown. I cracked open the case and removed the movement:

Name:  IMG_0998.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  145.9 KB

I proceeded to disassemble the movement down to the keyless works, during which time I discovered the issue - the clutch lever had become disengaged with the clutch wheel, as seen below (please note my impeccable editing ):

Name:  IMG_1004-1.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  255.9 KB

To remedy, the clutch lever was placed back into the clutch wheel and, voila, problem solved. Movement was then reassembled, correct time set, and B & C's strap reinstalled:

Name:  IMG_1012.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  163.8 KB

I am planning on taking a few photos over the weekend. Any suggestions?

-Mike

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information