WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour - Page 13
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

I thought PNC park was very nice last time I visited, but I don;t know how they are still doing, I'm so wrapped up in the AL right now.

I'm a Flyers fan, and dispise the Pens, so don't go there. Unless you want to use the watch to somehow sabotage the team. Adjust the timing so that it is 90 minutes slow/day, and then get them to use it as a team timekeeper for when they need to arrive at the stadium.

I had a blast in Southside: some great bars and party actions, but I don't know how that would make for a good photo op.

I'm a bit of an art nerd, and while he is not one of my favourite, you have the Andy Warhol museum there - I've never been. Might make for some good arty pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    I thought PNC park was very nice last time I visited, but I don;t know how they are still doing, I'm so wrapped up in the AL right now.

I'm a Flyers fan, and dispise the Pens, so don't go there. Unless you want to use the watch to somehow sabotage the team. Adjust the timing so that it is 90 minutes slow/day, and then get them to use it as a team timekeeper for when they need to arrive at the stadium.

I had a blast in Southside: some great bars and party actions, but I don't know how that would make for a good photo op.

I'm a bit of an art nerd, and while he is not one of my favourite, you have the Andy Warhol museum there - I've never been. Might make for some good arty pics.
    A Flyers fan?!? No wonder the watch wasn't working! So all Pens related photos. Got it.

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinpa View Post
    A Flyers fan?!? No wonder the watch wasn't working! So all Pens related photos. Got it.
    If I had done any mechanical work on the watch, I might have taken offence to that...

By all means, post photo of the watch watching the Pens lose all year long.

notice for everyone (dont know if everyone knows that yet) : pull the winding stem to the second position before you put out the stem, then the clutch lever cant jumt out of the clutch wheel. :)

Hello all,

Come Monday the watch will be off to the pacific northwest. I enjoyed my time with it and, as promised, took a few photos:

Name:  IMG_1015.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  196.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1017.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  212.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1018.jpg
Views: 3517
Size:  212.6 KB

And I just couldn't resist:

Name:  IMG_1014.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  193.8 KB

Come Monday the watch will be off to the pacific northwest. As promised, a few photos:

Name:  IMG_1015.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  196.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1017.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  212.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1018.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  212.6 KB

And I just couldn't resist:

Name:  IMG_1014.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  193.8 KB

Thanks for the experience!

-Mike

Banned

Nice. I think I can see Jerome Bettis' bar off in the distance there by Heinz field (forget what it's called). Last time I was in the 'burgh it was for baseball and we (13 of us) stayed across the street from PNC. After a night of hard drinking in southside, we needed a spot for breakfast and that bar was the only thing within walking distance. I think we were there for almost 6 hours, and went through 20+ buckets of beer bottles... it was a heavy tab. We then went back to the hotel and drank 3 cases of beer before going to the ball game and... drank beer. Also, I ate one of those Primanti Brother sandwiches. They have one thing going for them: size. Do not reccomend. How does any of that relate to watches? We sat on the patio at Bettis' that whole time, and during one (of several) trips to return some Yuengling or Miller or whatever, something shiny caught my eye on the floor: picked it up and it was an immaculate Speedmaster bracelet (no watch). Didn't take long to find the owner - one of the servers was pretty hysterical about it, she was in tears - had just bought it for her husband for a birthday gift. His was on a strap and he wanted the bracelet. Needless to say we only paid for 19 of the 20 buckets.

Re: beat

Alas! Allwyn is now history. And I am proud to own a part of history

Allwyn Mechanical Handwound (1988)

Name:  Allwyn_1.JPG
Views: 1686
Size:  48.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    Nice. I think I can see Jerome Bettis' bar off in the distance there by Heinz field (forget what it's called). Last time I was in the 'burgh it was for baseball and we (13 of us) stayed across the street from PNC. After a night of hard drinking in southside, we needed a spot for breakfast and that bar was the only thing within walking distance. I think we were there for almost 6 hours, and went through 20+ buckets of beer bottles... it was a heavy tab. We then went back to the hotel and drank 3 cases of beer before going to the ball game and... drank beer. Also, I ate one of those Primanti Brother sandwiches. They have one thing going for them: size. Do not reccomend. How does any of that relate to watches? We sat on the patio at Bettis' that whole time, and during one (of several) trips to return some Yuengling or Miller or whatever, something shiny caught my eye on the floor: picked it up and it was an immaculate Speedmaster bracelet (no watch). Didn't take long to find the owner - one of the servers was pretty hysterical about it, she was in tears - had just bought it for her husband for a birthday gift. His was on a strap and he wanted the bracelet. Needless to say we only paid for 19 of the 20 buckets.
    I believe the bar is called Grille 36 and you are correct, it is right next to Heinz Field. Love the Pittsburgh story, especially how it manages to incorporate multiple Pittsburgh themes (drinking in the Southside, eating at Primantis, etc). I can't believe you found a Speedmaster bracelet?? So strange. Anyhow, a perfect end to the story, meeting a fellow WIS while drinking beer. I hope you talked watches before parting ways. My wife recently surprised me with a Speedmaster Professional as a belated wedding/anniversary gift. Let's just say it is difficult to imagine wearing a different watch right now.

Hope you found at least some humor in that last pic. I must say that I'm interested to see how Jagr will do tomorrow night in Philadelphia. He has big shoes to fill with the absence of Richards & Carter.

To all: Watch was sent yesterday to its next destination. I had a great time with it and am happy to have been a part of the tour. Maybe one day it will find itself in Pittsburgh again. A big 'thank you' to Camden!

Banned

I'd have one Richards over a million Jagrs - I've never liked that guy, and adding him to the roster is a dark event as far as I'm concerned.

Funny, when we planned that trip to Pittsburgh, several people told us that it wasn't a great place to visit and lots of other slander, but we had a blast and I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information