WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour - Page 22
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

I went to see Sinterklaas today. It's like Santa Claus in other countries.

Sinterklaas came to see the children of my colleagues at the school I work. It's a yearly event, where Sinterklaas gives every single kid a nice present (bought by their parents ... don't tell ).

Anyhow, I changed the brown strap to the black one, I should in my previous post, and took this picture:

Name:  DSC_0268.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  64.3 KB

Hope you'll like it.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Ho Ho Ho, looking good! Have we ever named the watch? Maybe that's too wierd. What is the story on the black face that appears to be on Sinterklass's shoulder?
    Last edited by dacattoo; December 1st, 2012 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by dacattoo View Post
    Ho Ho Ho, looking good! Have we ever named the watch? Maybe that's too wierd. What is the story on the black face that appears to be on Sinterklass's shoulder?
    That gentleman's name is Black Peter and he is from Spain. He assists the Santa Claus of the lowlands in his yuletide duties including distributing candy to good kids and beating the bad ones with a broom (this as related to me in an Amsterdam "coffee" shop by a middle aged watchmaker in his 28th year of psychotherapy for adolescent tramma related to holiday linked depression.)

And yes your idea is wierd, particularly since the watch already has an official name - the "Tour Watch". You would know this if you would check your email's spam filter for the Semi-Official Tour Newsletter that is sent to you on a monthly basis as well as the "Tour Flash Bulletin" press releases that are sent to you on a more freqent basis. (You didn't neglect to renew your subscription, did you?)

The new black strap looks great on the Tour Watch. We need more pictures, however!

Michael, are you going to fix the compass or not?

p

I am somewhat late to the party so.. mea culpa, mea culpa! I will go back and read the entire itinerary and memorize it as a sort of self-flagellation.

I am afraid p if you were asking if I were to fix the compass, I was not aware there is a problem with Tour Watch (maybe ToWa for short?) Tour Watch sounds so formal.

Thanks for the story of Black Peter, very interesting.

Can't wait until ToWa, oh excuse me, Tour Watch comes to Montana. I have already picked out a 4mm neoprene fly fishing band for our trip to the Bitterroot to gather some cutthroats.

Name:  DSCN0430.JPG
Views: 351
Size:  125.2 KBI have just read the entire thread for the first time. It is a remarkable journey. I did notice the watch has not made a trip to the prime meridian. Great photo op at the Maritime museum. Catch the boat a Big Ben (photo op), travel the Thames to the Museum(more foto ops), straddle the meridian, visit some cousins H1, H2, H3 and H4 (mucho foto ops). Must be Londoner out there that could take on the task!

Last edited by dacattoo; December 2nd, 2012 at 19:19.

Yesterday I visited my brother, who lives near Brussels, and celebrated his 50th birthday. I decided to put on the World Tour Watch for the occasion, together with the Squale watch I received to review. Here are the pictures, and I would be happy to pass the watch to a new home:

Name:  DSC_0121.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  77.0 KB

Here's the watch on a table in a nice restaurant in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium.

I was wearing it on my right wrist, having the Squale on my left. My daughter took the picture, because I was talking to my brother, while the plates were being served:

Name:  DSC_0122.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  80.2 KB

Close(r)-up:

Name:  DSC_0125.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  47.6 KB

The two watches together:

Name:  DSC_0157.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0158.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  44.5 KB

I had to drive, so no alcohol for me. The restaurant specializes in bio-dynamic food and drinks (organic cola):

Name:  DSC_0163.JPG
Views: 341
Size:  70.5 KB

And finally a group picture. My brother's Welder watch, the Squale and the World Tour Watch:

Name:  DSC_0165.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  85.6 KB

It was great to be part of the Tour, waiting for instructions to pass it on to another enthusiast. The watch will come with the new strap, and I will include the old one it came with.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Are there no Brits up to the task? The Prime Meridian awaits!

Just confirmed - the Watch is in Paris (France - not TX). p
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by pithy; December 20th, 2012 at 20:58. Reason: doh

ooh la la!

Quote Originally Posted by dacattoo View Post
    ooh la la!
    OK, Michael. That's not Pigalle - it's the freight annex at Chuck DeGaulle airport. And the Watch has already arrived in Memphis thanks to a first class ticket courtesy of ER! p

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast