WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour - Page 4
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: has anyone

Well, its not in New Zealand anymore. I imagine it will turn up somewhere exotic sooner or later.

Re: beat

What make and model is this watch?
    Swiss Army--Ambassador Mechanical with ETA 2834-2
    Debaufre GMT Ocean 1 Pepsi Bezel
    Orient Diver
    Invicta 6069 Yellow Diver

syntax

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    Well, its not in New Zealand anymore. I imagine it will turn up somewhere exotic sooner or later.
    I don't know why I didn't catch that little subjective, variable on the first couple of reads: exotic

Trim and pithy's definitions might vary a little on this. Would Trim find Hoboken, NJ "exotic"? "Exotic" evokes images of Katmandu or Zanzibar for pithy.

CamMan, the whole saga is contained in this thread - so you don't even have to use the advanced search function - but since we have now entered into an age of increased civility on the forum, it would be my pleasure to report to you that:

The tour watch is a goldtone, "vintage" diver style, Briel (sp?, help) featuring a unique compass mounted on the crystal and is powered by a 2824. CamMan, pithy has just checked the records and noticed that you (and a few others) haven't signed up yet to host the watch . . .

Re: syntax

Quote Originally Posted by pithy View Post
    I don't know why I didn't catch that little subjective, variable on the first couple of reads: exotic

Trim and pithy's definitions might vary a little on this. Would Trim find Hoboken, NJ "exotic"? "Exotic" evokes images of Katmandu or Zanzibar for pithy.
    No Trim wouldn't find Hoboken exotic

I think the net cultural difference is significant. Also, spices
    Last edited by trim; January 26th, 2011 at 22:55.

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Been quiet around here lately. Where is this thing, and how is it doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    Been quiet around here lately. Where is this thing, and how is it doing?
    It is with me... safe for the moment... BUT, if you call the cops I will mangle the hairspring

Aditya

PS. I haven't found the time to open her up yet, will post pictures when I do. I intend to have a look at the keyless works.
    My blog: Hidden Content

I finally found some time to work on the watch. This is how I got it

As we all the know it has crown & stem issues. I decided to tackle this problem since it is silly to wear a watch if you cant set the correct time .

I tried to install the stem as is but it did not work. So, lets open her up....

...... and here is the problem. The check spring is riding over the pull out piece.

After assembling the movement everything worked except the quick set feature. So I went in again and found this....

In the quick set position, the castle wheel does not engage with the intermediate wheel fully. I am unable to correct this. Since the watch is still usable without this feature I decided to leave it alone.

Ready for casing...

And cased up. Not the least bit water resistant, but ready for a gentle outing perhaps

I work from home & also keep an eye on the little one during the day. So the opportunities to go out are few. But lets see what we can do

Aditya

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Nice work! We have a watch that tells the time now? How novel. I'll assume it has been regulated into COSC standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    I'll assume it has been regulated into COSC standards?
    It still needs a service. I did not service it since the crown is missing most of the gasket. The case tube is of a rather large diameter. I hope some one will have the right crown for this watch.

Aditya

Banned

I was just kidding - you've done the watch a great service. I've got a bunch of old crowns, so no promises, but I'll certainly take a look.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast