WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour - Page 8
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

OK Ronald, we knew your were a very, very talented watchmaker.

NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT PART:

1. Print off the map below. Take it, the Watch and your camera over to your favorite "bier zaal"(?). (You might want to arrange for Mrs. P to be doing something in another town.)

2. Inform the ladies that you are one of the most famous watchmakers in not only Europe, but the entire world (tell them about the Tour and show them the map).

3. Explain that you have many friends around the world and that your American friends in particular - sent the watch to you to have it repaired AND modelled by only the most attractive Dutch girls.

4. Make sure that girls hold their (watch) hand beside their face or place it on their hip. (This is a critical element to the proper posing.)

5. When you are through photographing the girls, make sure that you get the watch back.

6. Advise us of your success.

You've done a GREAT job so far - DON'T DISAPPOINT US IN THIS CRUCIAL PHASE!

pithy (for the Tour executive steering committee)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check out the latest Tour installment: "BenchGuy, Watchmaker/Adventurer" Hidden Content Hidden Content

Off topic Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Sure, sure,

I will see if I can find a beautifull lady for a combined shot.

Always be carefull what you are asking for..........

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

I love this thread for way too many reasons! Great to have an insight into some forum members as they work on the watch as well as it's travels!

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Brilliant work Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    Brilliant work Ron!
    Hi all,

A small photo update.
    The first pictures are the watch in front of a very large clock, a clock used in a church.

Interesting tho see the size of the wheel and their teeths. I put the watch on top of the dial to have a good idea of the differnce in size.

Name:  100.JPG
Views: 844
Size:  435.2 KB

And one mre close up:
    Name:  101.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  354.3 KB

A shot on the my wrist already wearing my special coat we use to wear when working on clocks:
    Name:  102.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  362.1 KB

And to clsoe off this photo shoot a picture showing the classroom just starting and people getting in.
    Name:  103.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  383.2 KB

All the benches are still empty. At the back off the room is the area with 8 big lathes (Schaublins), big and small drilling machine and some other powertools we use to repair or make part for clocks.

All the best from a sunny Netherlands,

Ronald

These classroom photos are wonderful, Ron.
    Check out the latest Tour installment: "BenchGuy, Watchmaker/Adventurer" Hidden Content Hidden Content

Dear all,

It becomes time to say goodbye to this wonderful watch and send him (or is it a her) off to the other side off the pound to the next host
    I decided before shipping the watch off to replace the strap. I felt the grey strap is not doing enough justice to this very special watch so I replaced it with a classy red strap.

I hope you like this.

Now as stated earlier there are still quite a few things to be done by the next owners:

1) Replace crown with a size bigger, gold plated.
    2) Put a new rubber ring on the back cover to ensure water tightness.
    3) The case could use some touching up, a slight polish.
    4) Dent in back cover.
    5) Some of the gear have a tad to much play in the vertical direction, this means the ruby bearing should be adjusted. This will increase the stability of the amplitude I believe when the watch is in different positions (dial up, dial down, etc.)
    6) Blue the other screwheads.

So now up to the last pictures with my GF:

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 2103
Size:  320.5 KB

Checking if the new starp mounted correctly,

Name:  2a.JPG
Views: 780
Size:  366.9 KB

Also from the other side.....

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 793
Size:  396.0 KB

....Yes, all fine, looks better with red, can be forwarded to the next owner.

Well Friends,

I hope you liked my contribution and wish the next owner a great time hosting this special watch.

Ronald
    Last edited by RonP; April 19th, 2011 at 16:02.

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Pretty sweet work there Ron - the watch should certainly have you on it's Christmas card list from now on.

Tell me a little about that clock you have in the background. The case looks like it's seen many miles, but if that is the movement from it, it looks like new.

lots of cool happenings with this watch keep up the good
    work guys
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom Conversion
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued
    1969 Omega Speedmaster

"I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    Dirtvictim 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    Pretty sweet work there Ron - the watch should certainly have you on it's Christmas card list from now on.

Tell me a little about that clock you have in the background. The case looks like it's seen many miles, but if that is the movement from it, it looks like new.

The old case is from a Swarzwalder clock. Quite a special type of clock. The actual movement has a wooden frame (like a cuckoo clock). The backplate is broken, but can be easily fixed.

The so-called new clock is actually a French pendule from 1855 according to the inscription on the frontplate. I cleaned this movement, replaced worn bushing, blued the screws and polished the platines with Brasso a kind of copper polish, and yes, when done with the right attention and consistently, it can look almost like new and s now ready again to run for many years to come.

Br

Ronald

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information