WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Hey guys I was able to get focused on this watch.
    I installed a new crystal, yea a simple thing but I had one so it's done.
    I also discovered binding train gears so I removed the bridge and reset the gears that is good now. I pulled the balance and (pallet fork it is ok) and this runs fine which points to the balance which moves freely so that would be the next thing to look at. I checked the crown and it's no good, the spring tube just spins.
    So from what I can see it needs the balance (likely the hairspring) a stem, crown and the back needs refinish. The case is in good shape but could use some plating touch up. It could use a band as well. I didn't clean the movement since there is more to be done on it. This runs an ETA 2824-2
    Anyway this needs to move along to the next WUSer by 9-6 since I am gone til the 9-20.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1977 Timex Milspec Custom Conversion
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued
    1969 Omega Speedmaster

"I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    Dirtvictim 2011

Elvis has left the building.

The WUSF6-WWWT watch has left Vegas and is headed to ?????

Texas

The WUSF6-WWWT watch arrived in Texas today. Anyone interested in details on how to "host" the watch should PM pithy.

pithy

North

The watch is headed north and is closing in on the 6,000 mile mark.

Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Sorry for the delay in posting about the watch's stay in the capital of the Great State of Texas - Austin. :)

I showed her a few of the sights near my humble abode, which you can see in the pictures. The first is the state capitol building, which is one of my favorite buildings in the city. It's unfortunate that it's currently under construction. The second was the clock tower on the University of Texas campus. This tower has a bit of a grim history, being the site of the shootings in '66 (way before my time), but is now used to celebrate the victories of the UT Longhorns. They light the tower up orange after wins.

As for repair, I put the watch on a strap which you can see in the pictures. I also supplied a stem which hopefully someone will be able to pair with a proper crown. Speaking of crowns, there was a tragic accident...the crown supplied was not operational, and while photographing, fell off the watch into the grass of the capitol grounds. I searched for a bit, but it was 90-100 degrees that day, and I started to worry what the capitol police force might think. :)

And...here are the pics. Enjoy! I look forward to seeing the next leg of the journey in the great white north.

WUSF6 WWWT - Imgur

-Kevin

good photos

It may be a little busy - but that's one interesting looking watch and a unique strap.

(About Saturday: Has Mack recovered? That was a pretty interesting 30 some seconds. Remember - Bob really needed it after the last few years.)

retrospection

The recent history of the "Tour Watch", begins here in Sarasota, Florida, USA.

I have little information on the Breil company (which I believe is based in Italy) and no info on the prior life of this watch other than what the indignities suffered by the movement imply. (REG may know more, but he hasn't shared it yet.) I had never seen a 2824 with a bad staff and two broken hole jewels. The stainless steel back has a scar on it, but I don't know if could be from a blow that had enough g's to do the damage sustained. There may be other explanations.

Re: retrospection

Just a quick not to say the watch has landed here in Canada, but as it is our Thanksgiving I am off to the coast for several days and will give the watch a good look-see when I get back. I am sure I have never seen a watch with a compass on the crystal before.

Canadian Thanksgiving

Le jour de l'Action de grāce?

Re: WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

Quote Originally Posted by kfed84 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in posting about the watch's stay in the capital of the Great State of Texas - Austin. :)

I showed her a few of the sights near my humble abode, which you can see in the pictures. The first is the state capitol building, which is one of my favorite buildings in the city. It's unfortunate that it's currently under construction. The second was the clock tower on the University of Texas campus. This tower has a bit of a grim history, being the site of the shootings in '66 (way before my time), but is now used to celebrate the victories of the UT Longhorns. They light the tower up orange after wins.

As for repair, I put the watch on a strap which you can see in the pictures. I also supplied a stem which hopefully someone will be able to pair with a proper crown. Speaking of crowns, there was a tragic accident...the crown supplied was not operational, and while photographing, fell off the watch into the grass of the capitol grounds. I searched for a bit, but it was 90-100 degrees that day, and I started to worry what the capitol police force might think. :)

And...here are the pics. Enjoy! I look forward to seeing the next leg of the journey in the great white north.

WUSF6 WWWT - Imgur

-Kevin
    Very cool I like the band nice look.
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom Conversion
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued
    1969 Omega Speedmaster

"I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    Dirtvictim 2011

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information