Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How to spot a fake Tissot PRC-200

Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast

How to spot a fake Tissot PRC-200

I bought a Tissot PRC-200 in Ebay, and after a detailed inspection found that it was fake. The watch came with box, papers, and warranty card shipped from Hong Kong. The seller swear that it is genuine, but it isn't.

Inside has a ETA quartz movement (as the genuine), so you must take care about the following recommendations.

Here are some details to spot a fake PRC-200.

1. Hands attaching points.

The genuine has chrome attaching points in each hand.

The fake has painted attaching points and poor finished. Check the borders of the "T" shape center seconds hand and poor border painting.

2. Incorrect inner bezel numbers and text spacing

The text in the genuine watch is centered.

The text in the fake is too close to the crystal gasket

3. Small hands shape

The genuine has sharper edges and perfect finish.

The fake has irregular shape and rough finish.

4. Leather strap

The genuine has a flat strap.

The fake has a padded strap (too thick).

5. Hands and dial lume

The genuine has lume on hour markings and hands.

The fake has lume only in hour and minute hands.

6. Deployment buckle

Genuine has only stainless steel engraving

Fake has "BI" incorrect lettering engraving. Poor polished.
    Last edited by samgher; December 30th, 2009 at 15:46.
    merlinks, Ventci, desmond and 4 others like this.

Re: How to spot a fake Tissot PRC-200

Sorry to hear you got stung with a fake. Thank you for sharing the details to help others avoid landing in the same situation.

Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by leewmeister View Post
    Sorry to hear you got stung with a fake. Thank you for sharing the details to help others avoid landing in the same situation.
    + 1 I guess you can't really put up a link to the particular seller to warn other people!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    + 1 I guess you can't really put up a link to the particular seller to warn other people!!
    There are many sellers that ships the items from Hong Kong or China. Most of them offer fake watches. Take care if they show invoices or certificates from "Prince" watch shop.

You can post information and details about your deal in the WUS Deals Report Forum:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/

Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

jip

Thanks for that.

Has anyone got a fake with ss bracelet? Just wondering about the quality of the bracelet, because you can get them for real cheap.

Edit: Link removed. - LWM
    Last edited by leewmeister; December 28th, 2009 at 19:57.

Providing it is a fake, what is the quality like compared to the genuine article besides the minor cosmetic details?

Is this in fact equipt with ETA G10.211 quartz movement do you think or do you think its cheaper movement stamped and marked other wise? how do the watches compare to eachother in weight and quality? Does the fake you bourght look like a cheap fake "expensive" looking watch? Or is the overall apearance and feel of it good?

Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by jip View Post
    Thanks for that.

Has anyone got a fake with ss bracelet? Just wondering about the quality of the bracelet, because you can get them for real cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCta_DOHCa View Post
    Providing it is a fake, what is the quality like compared to the genuine article besides the minor cosmetic details?

Is this in fact equipt with ETA G10.211 quartz movement do you think or do you think its cheaper movement stamped and marked other wise? how do the watches compare to eachother in weight and quality? Does the fake you bourght look like a cheap fake "expensive" looking watch? Or is the overall apearance and feel of it good?

Thanks man

Think you guys are in the wrong place if your really entertaining buying fake Tissot, or any other watches!!

You've heard the expression 'you get what you pay for' ?!! Well, if you wanna pay for cheap rubbish, then go ahead, but it won't be a patch on the real thing, which is a really well made and durable watch........plus you won't look like a tit for wearing a fake!!
    Last edited by leewmeister; December 28th, 2009 at 19:57.

Let me just add bud, while I know little about the workings and specifics to do with watches I have quite a collection of Authentic, EXPENSIVE watches including several Burberry pieces and the newest addition an Omega Speedmaster. I buy cheap watches because I am too rough/ lazy on a daily basis to wear a several thousand dollar watch and can't be arsed taking it off when I work on my car or doo assignments which would ruin such a watch. Therefor I save the nicer watches for special occassions etc and hence the reason I buy cheap $100 Lorus rubbish to wear and I don't care about rooting, sure it aint a 5g watch but it looks good and tells me the time (well close enough to the time anyway LOL). I would love and would also consider a authentic PRC200 only a replica which LOOKS the part but somthing I am not scared to wear on a daily basis would suit me much better due to me losing my current daily watch and looking to replace. Surely the likes of the fakes could be compared to the likes of a real low end watch such as a Lorus?

I KNOW no one supports fakes and the people producing them and I fully agree and back that stance, but I am not asking what people think on the matter but what the actual item is like. What I am asking is NO diffrent to previous threads where people are talking of buying these watches off ebay, while everyone suspects they are fake it hasn't stopped several members from still purchasing including the starter of this particular topic. I dont expect to get a real one or the quality of a real one, just curious as to what the quality of these is like as I am sure many others are curious of also.

Im just asking a question!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    Think you guys are in the wrong place if your really entertaining buying fake Tissot, or any other watches!!

You've heard the expression 'you get what you pay for' ?!! Well, if you wanna pay for cheap rubbish, then go ahead, but it won't be a patch on the real thing, which is a really well made and durable watch........plus you won't look like a tit for wearing a fake!!
    Last edited by DOHCta_DOHCa; December 25th, 2009 at 03:16.

Hey guys, newbie here. I just completed an ebay purchase for a prc200. I got suspicious so I started to do some legwork which led me here. Here is a link to my purchase: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259

It looks real good with one exception: the hands dont match those found on the tissot website. Dont know if it is just the pic but the real one looks to have white hands with the white lume, mine, black with white lume.

What do you guys think? In looking around here, I have seen many pics with the black hands. Could it be last years model or is the pic just deceiving on the tissot site?

The seller claims 100% authentic but they are from Hong Kong. They will cancel the transaction if I want and refund my money. I am very conflicted.

Thanks for any help!

Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information