T-Touch and T-Touch expert Battery change..

Thread: T-Touch and T-Touch expert Battery change..

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

T-Touch and T-Touch expert Battery change..

Hi all, is it possible to change the battery yourself on any of these ?

I heard that it wasn't possible on the standard T-Touch (a guy on another forum had to send it it to Tissot, and it took two weeks and 70 just to change the Batt !!!!!).

The new T-Touch expert seems to have screws on the back (i've only seen it in pictures). Incidentally, how do they get 100m WR with just four screws (or am I missing something ?).

Re: T-Touch and T-Touch expert Battery change..

I tried to take the back of the case off but when I saw I was leaving marks on the main part of the case I stopped. I just brought it to an AD to have them do it. It'll cost me small fortune but seeing that I use the watch so often it'll be worth it.

Just an update, it took about 2.5 weeks to hear back from my Tissot AD and the quote they gave me was over $200! I said "WHAT?! We're in NEW WATCH territory. It's supposed to be cheap!" Then she told me how they were doing this and that to the watch. I asked about the prices of the new Experts and regulart T-Touches and I just figured I liked my T-Touch so much I'd just pay whatever they asked. I'm sure the store is making about $60 on me, but that's okay. I get to try on some Ball watches periodically.

Since Tissot made the T-Touch bezel so cluttered looking with the compass dial numbers and tick marks I decided I'd best keep the one I have that only has the E, W, N, S indicator. Plus the Expert model doesn't come in orange. If it had I probably would have traded my T-Touch in and got that once it came back from repair.

I hope some one here can shed light onto why it may be so expensive. I looked at the back of my T-Touch and to my surprise the wrench holes to take the back off are not solid they are cut out more like holes to vent to the atmosphere? Doesn't look like something I want to fiddle with
    Accutron VX-200 Chrono 7750
    Bernhardt Globemaster GMT
    Tissot Seastar Silver 1000
    Tissot T-Touch Ti
    Seiko Monster Orange
    Seiko Kinetic 5M42
    Seiko 5's
    Citizen 8200 Diver
    Citizen U010
    Vostok Europe K3 Sub
    Vintage
    Accutron,Benrus,Bulova,Elgin,Enicar,Gruen,Hamilton ,Titoni,Vostok,etc,etc......

There's a slit you can just pop the back off with. I just couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    The new T-Touch expert seems to have screws on the back (i've only seen it in pictures). Incidentally, how do they get 100m WR with just four screws (or am I missing something ?).

Someone feel free to correct me but looking at the back of my expert it looks as though the four screws are just holding a caseback cover in place? When you tap the plate it feels/sounds like a hollow backing.

Hello BTW to the Tissot forum. I bought my expert Ti at the weekend. Pretty chuffed with it so far; all the function seem to be working/calibrated correctly.
    I'm still trying to get used to how light it is as I normally wear SS.

Cheers,
    Jon

sorry, can't comment on the Expert since I don't have one, but congrats on the new watch!

My Experts battery went flat so I got the jeweller to put a new one in, it still flashes bAtt with the new battery in, we read about pushing a AC button, which we did but nothing has changed, anyone have any idea's.

Quote Originally Posted by sgh77 View Post
    My Experts battery went flat so I got the jeweller to put a new one in, it still flashes bAtt with the new battery in, we read about pushing a AC button, which we did but nothing has changed, anyone have any idea's.
    Same problem here, anyone has a solution for this? My TTouch Expert was working fine until the battery died (after 3 months warning me to change the battery...)
    Now it will not work, even with brand new battery.
    Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information