Tissot PR-516 Sonorous

Thread: Tissot PR-516 Sonorous

Tissot PR-516 Sonorous

Hello all, I am searching for a missing bezel on this watch and have discovered the "cousinsuk.com" in the UK, but I need a case number for the watch. Anybody able to help either with a bezel or the case number?
    Thank You
    Terje

Re: Tissot PR-516 Sonorous

I'm assuming you already have this watch?? in which case you will have the case and serial no's already there in the back of the watch!!

As for a new bezel? My experience trying to find them has not been good, as you just don't see them!! Ebay if your lucky, and the watch part co's 'may' have them?? May also be worth consulting a local watchmaker/repair guy??

A photo of the watch may also help your cause?!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    I'm assuming you already have this watch?? in which case you will have the case and serial no's already there in the back of the watch!!

As for a new bezel? My experience trying to find them has not been good, as you just don't see them!! Ebay if your lucky, and the watch part co's 'may' have them?? May also be worth consulting a local watchmaker/repair guy??

A photo of the watch may also help your cause?!!

Just my 2 cents. I do not understand what is a PRS 516 Sonorous.
    I have a PRS 516 and in this case, the serial number is INSIDE the caseback. So in this case, you need to open it to check the serial number.

I hope this helps

Thank You both, watch is on its way to me and I have not seen it yet, but hopefully I can find the case number either on the back or inside. I will keep on searching for the bezel
    regards
    Terje

Some of these watches did not come with a bezel, though not all sellers on the bay are aware of this. The most common bezel for these was the black/silver number bezel from the diver that was produced then. These, of course, are no longer availible from Tissot and must be picked up on a "parts watch" off the'bay. Try and get one with an original bracelet and crown, again for spares. Pictures??
    Last edited by molarface; December 8th, 2009 at 16:16. Reason: correction major faux pax!

Here is sonorous:

And here's another

you know I have a sonorous PSR 516 with the same issue. No bezel ring. Frustrating. I have been keeping one eye on ebay for a donor watch, but whenever a cheaper one comes up - no ring. Must have been a design flaw. I have found some leads on a place that might be able to help, but after about 1 year of looking, I am not going to get my hopes up. If it pans out I will definately post something on this thread.

Thread Information