Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tissot T Touch Expert SOLAR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tissot T Touch Expert SOLAR

I'm surprised nobody has linked to this yet! The "grail" watch is in sight. No specific ETA for it, but it's likely to be 12 months away. I for one am going to start saving the pennies and will be selling my titanium Expert to help fund it.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tissot-t...s-on-exclusive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Tissot T Touch Expert SOLAR

Thanks for the post! A bit too tron for me styling wise, but this new generation really puts this line into a whole new realm of sophistication.

Too bad its so big though 45mm rivals the size of my analog altimeter. Not being so tall will help its presence greatly, more mature, less gadget.

I feel the main achilles heel of the model is the buttons though really, very mushy feel. Like any keyboard other than my trusty old ibm click keytronic model 104. Hope this is addressed.

I got my expert for its functionality and as an entry level watch.. But it has proven invaluable in many scenarios and although i see other brands/models in my future, the concept released in Basel shows tremendous promise.

Thanks for posting, it looks promising and continuation of great watch line. By the way can anyone provide any feedback on how the current T-Touch Expert is performing, any negatives and what would you consider as positive on it?

The current Expert is really nice. It looks great and the only negative is the battery life. It's not as sophisticated as the Casio Protrek range but it can be worn in pretty much any situation.

Picture Re: Tissot T Touch Expert SOLAR

Hi Hicks,

Great find! You really have your finger on the pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has linked to this yet! The "grail" watch is in sight. No specific ETA for it, but it's likely to be 12 months away. I for one am going to start saving the pennies and will be selling my titanium Expert to help fund it.
    I must say I like the skeletonised hands sweeping over the textured face.

Be sure to keep us up to date as you hear more.

I will, I have a google alert set up for news on it. One thing I noticed today, the current Expert is actually more accurate than the new Casio PRW 3000. The thermometer for example is +/- 1, the compass +/- 8 as opposed to +/- 2 and +/- 10 respectively. May be that's how they justify double the price.

I assume the new Solar model will at least be as good as the old/ current model and so more accurate than Casio's latest offering. Of course the Casio does have more functionality at the moment.

Price difference has to do with the final engineering and design details as well and Tissot - Casio are 2 different companies. To me Casio looks and feels like $30 watch.

If they got rid of the damn "1853", it'd be perfect.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

I am loving the new Touch.Finally a solar,congrats Tissot.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by martial8 View Post
    Price difference has to do with the final engineering and design details as well and Tissot - Casio are 2 different companies. To me Casio looks and feels like $30 watch.
    They are very different pieces but I'm looking solely at function, rather than form. There's no denying that the Tissot is the more attractive, but it's not the most feature packed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information