Thread: Tissot watches on eBay from Hong Kong

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tissot watches on eBay from Hong Kong

Hi,

Sorry to bring up once again the topic of authenticity of Tissot watches ordered from Hong Kong. But I worked through the older topics and couldn't find enough information.

So: I am sure that many of You have bought or wanted to buy a Tissot from Hong Kong. I am thinking about a le locle, like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Mens-T-CLASSIC-LE-LOCLE-TISSOT-Watch-T41-1-423-33_W0QQitemZ170465779425QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwa tches?hash=item27b08d5ee1

The price ($270) seems too much for a replica, but a bit too good for a original. However I have ordered an Armani ar4213, which was confirmed as original by a professional and cost merely $170.

So has anybody ACTUALLY ordered a Tissot from Hong Kong and had the authenticity checked?

Thank You for answering!

LUW

Re: Tissot watches on eBay from Hong Kong

When something is too good to be true, it's because it isn't. Photos don't mean a thing, despite the watch on the photos looking legit.

And one last thing, you can't compare an Armani to a Tissot. It's like comparing a two-stroke moped to a Civic or Corolla.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thank You for answering!

Armani ant Tissot are definitely uncomparable. That's why I got rid of the Armani and want the real thing . However, my example was brought to show that insanely good deals are possible: in my country (Estonia) the armani retailed for $900 or so. I had it checked by a professional to make sure it was the real thing. Sure, Armanis are overpriced anyways, but it still shows the price variation.

There are numerous ways to explain low prices. Especially as Tissot nowadays has moved its production partly to hong kong.

I understand that it is riskier, but the college student's financial status might lead to such a purchase anyway . Especially when You look at the happy customers in the feedback page of the sellers.

So still: has anyone here been lured by the prices and bought a Tissot from Hong Kong?

I buy watches from Asian vendors, especially Hong Kong vendors all the time. I do my homework but I am rarely disappointed. PayPal is your friend (most of the time).

The price on this does not seem so low to me that I would be worried. My AD sells them for not too much more than their price.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

LUW

A few of my watches came from the Far East and all are the real thing, so you definitively can have good deals there. However I only do business with sellers with very high ratings and that do not have "magic" prices. I rather pay a little bit more but have peace of mind.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

The price doesn't scare me, but the 16 feedback most definitely does - no way I would buy that particular one.
    "Others haven't a clue what time it is or where it goes or even where the clock is."
    - Laurie Anderson -

Alpha: "Planet Ocean"
    Android: AD267BBUL Blue Octopuz
    Casio: GWM5600R-1, GR7900EW-7, PAGC110-3
    Fossil: Speedway
    HMT: Janata, ADSL-03
    Nike: ACG Ascent
    Orient: CEM65001M "Orange Mako"
    Roamer: vintage (70s?) Vanguard
    Seiko: SKX007, SKX781 "Orange Monster", SNZF13 Blue "Baby Sumo"
    Swatch: SVDK 4001
    Tissot : 1962 Visodate Automatic SeaStar
    Vostok: Orange Ministry "New Amphibia"

True, that was just the first cheap Le Locle I found. It seems that none of these sellers have a very long sales history. This made me wonder, whether they sell replicas to let's say 20 people how don't bother to take it to the professional. Once somebody does this and posts negative feedback, the change their identity.

And another thing I couldn't understand: why would they use the small two in the end: TISSOT² ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculous View Post
    True, that was just the first cheap Le Locle I found. It seems that none of these sellers have a very long sales history. This made me wonder, whether they sell replicas to let's say 20 people how don't bother to take it to the professional. Once somebody does this and posts negative feedback, the change their identity.
    I bet that's exactly what they do. If they sell a dozen or two, they're way ahead anyways.

And another thing I couldn't understand: why would they use the small two in the end: TISSOT² ?
    Perhaps so they can say "oh no, we never sold it as a "Tissot(tm)", it's a "TISSOT²"

I was trolling the 'bay to see if there were any PRC200s listings I would trust (there weren't) and one listing looked perfectly genuine except that in buried in small print it said "Manufacturer: Croton"

I think I give up on Ebay for watches, except for the handful of known-reliable sellers (pokeymonyu, premierworld, etc, none of whom carry Tissot). I personally just don't know enough to spot the fakes, and the place is crawling with them.

Adam
    "Others haven't a clue what time it is or where it goes or even where the clock is."
    - Laurie Anderson -

Alpha: "Planet Ocean"
    Android: AD267BBUL Blue Octopuz
    Casio: GWM5600R-1, GR7900EW-7, PAGC110-3
    Fossil: Speedway
    HMT: Janata, ADSL-03
    Nike: ACG Ascent
    Orient: CEM65001M "Orange Mako"
    Roamer: vintage (70s?) Vanguard
    Seiko: SKX007, SKX781 "Orange Monster", SNZF13 Blue "Baby Sumo"
    Swatch: SVDK 4001
    Tissot : 1962 Visodate Automatic SeaStar
    Vostok: Orange Ministry "New Amphibia"

I've had a couple of vintage one's come from over that way, and they've been fine, as has my PRS516, also from over that way somewhere, bought for a good, but not too cheap a price!!

Buy the seller....is a phrase you'll hear on the forums a lot

One of the sellers, who offers these Tissots just received a negative feedback claiming the watch to be a fake: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller

It will be interesting to see the outcome...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information