Bad Deal with Mark Sirianni at www.watchdoctor.biz
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Aesthetier

Thread: Bad Deal with Mark Sirianni at www.watchdoctor.biz

AVT

Bad Deal with Mark Sirianni at www.watchdoctor.biz

Hi Everyone,

Here is my personal experience and review of www.watchdoctor.biz Mark Sirianni in Kane, PA.

I've never posted anything like this, but I feel like I want to share my experience so other members are aware of what happened.

I sent an Omega Great White (I’ve had several of this watch) to Mark for repair. It was keeping time at -15 sec/day, so it was ready for an overhaul. When I sent it, it was in excellent shape, no dings, red dot intact, bezel, dial, crystal were excellent.

He performed an overhaul on the watch, and returned it to me. Within a few minutes of opening the package, I noticed the superluminova was marked on several markers. I also noticed that there was dirt on the dial.

I contacted Mark immediately with pics. He said he would take care of it, to send the watch back. I sent it back promptly to him. After receiving and looking at it, he said he felt the GMT hand was rubbing on the dial, but he didn't do it. (Well I'll post before and after pics, keep in mind the red dot was intact and no one was ever inside the watch before and the dial was perfect). He said it would be on my dollar to get it repaired. I quickly disagreed, etc... He shipped the watch out. I sent it to Jack at International Watch Works. Jack took a good look, said it couldn't be relumed, needs a new dial... So I'm paying for one because Mark won't.

Mark tried to say that he would send it out to get relumed and it was a little blemish and it doesn't need a new dial for that. Well, I disagree, the dial was perfect when I sent it and should have been returned that way. The point here is he didn't want to do anything about it until I told him I would post a review of what happened.

What I learned was, buyer beware, if it seems too good to be true (price, etc...) it probably is. I have a problem with doing business with someone says he will do something and doesn't keep his word.

Next time, it will go right to a reputable repair person such as RGM, Jack, or the Omega service center.

Regards,

AVT

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by AVT; June 20th, 2010 at 15:19. Reason: Spelling

Re: Bad Deal with Mark Sirianni at www.watchdoctor.biz

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear about this. I usually send it to ABC Watchwerks in LA. Since they are only a drive from me, I have not used anybody else for my watches. Give Dalton Toledo a call over there, I promise you their prices are better than Jacks or any other service centers.

Best,

Eric
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex DSSD
    Rolex SeaDweller 16600
    Rolex Submariner 16610 "LV"
    Rolex SS Daytona Cosmograph
    Rolex Submariner Ceramic
    Panerai Daylight 236
    Panerai GMT 329
    APROO Black Themes
    APROO Bumblebee
    Cartier Santos 100XL bracelet
    Hublot Ice Bang
    IWC Big Pilot 5002

Garage:
    09 BMW M3 Competition
    11 Porsche Cayenne Techart
    13 Lexus RX350 AWD

AVT

Thanks Eric...

Take care,

Mike

Second the Dalton Toledo suggestion
    Chronosport UDT
    VintageAuricoste Spirotechnique Diver
    Bulova Accutron II Snorkel Reissue (Vintage Diver)
    Vintage Scubapro 500 Black and Silver Bezel
    Vintage Benthos 500
    Vintage Benthos II 1000
    Vintage Heuer Deep Diver 980.023
    Vintage Heuer Monnin
    Vintage Heuer Twin Time Diver Stainless 986.024
    Casio MD-703 Both White and Black Dial
    Vintage Seiko 7548-7010 JDM Kanji 200m
    Vintage Bulova Barracuda Diver

Sorry to hear of your misforture!

I, on the other hand, have sent Mark Sirianni several vintage watches, 2 were Omega Seamasters, and have always had great service and satisfaction. Also at a good price and very quick turnaround.

For me, I'll still be sending him watches for service.

There are so many mis-steps in the world of watches. And finding the watch repair guy of your choice can be a long search.

Good luck with the watch!

AVT

Yes, I read the good reviews of some about Mark, but he failed me and did not keep his word. Therefore, I thought it more than appropriate to to let everyone know about it.

Jack at IWW ordered me in a new dial, but it's a special order... so it should be good to go in 4-6 weeks. He's been good to me, but I'll keep Dalton in mind for the next one.

Best to all,

Mike (AVT)
    Last edited by AVT; June 29th, 2010 at 04:16.

Total BS , Mark's a artist and did the work on my vintage Hamilton. I am so satisfied along with all the other customers that give him such great reviews. Some people just can't be pleased no matter how hard Mark tries!
    Signed:
    Mike Pennington

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    Total BS , Mark's a artist and did the work on my vintage Hamilton. I am so satisfied along with all the other customers that give him such great reviews. Some people just can't be pleased no matter how hard Mark tries!
    Signed:
    Mike Pennington
    Now if only he could find a way to use the good work done on your vintage Hamilton to take the marks/dirt off his dial. I am not taking sides here, but to say someone else's description of their experience is "BS" because yours is different is nonsensical.
    ncmoto and samanderson like this.

2 1/2 years old. Closing.

Jeannie

Thread Information