Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?) - Page 10
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Re: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Public Forum - GrizzlyMambo - Nov 23, 2008
    I just got an email from Terry Allison's mom (of montres allusion watches) that he's in jail and needs $16,000 to pay the bail bond. On the donation .

Here's something I found...I was not able to access the rest of the post from Time Zone.
    All I got ...All I know. Some here may remember this.
    Last edited by little big feather; July 12th, 2013 at 01:51.

The updates on the kickstarter page for Montrex Watches are just out of control. It would appear that they are now trying to smear or disparage other projects

Montrex Watch Project - A Truly Unique Timepiece ( watches ) by Montrex Watches » Updates — Kickstarter

I have just PM'ed docvail about this- I believe this is completely uncalled for. I don't know anything about the guys in Field & Crew, so someone who supports them might want to alert them. This is unbelievable....because it's so hard to believe (as one sports commentator in Australia once said)

Unfreakinbelievable...I'm completely ashamed to have given my money to this sociopath.
    Tudor: Pelagos Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 Sinn: 103 ST, 203 ST Crepas: Cayman 3000 Archimede: Outdoor Protect Tempest: Commodore Boschett: Harpoon UNIMATIC: U1-B Dagaz: T-II Typhoon Edox: Hydrosub Steinhart: Ocean Vintage Military, Ocean Vintage Red, Ocean Vintage GMT Halios: Puck DLC, Delfin MKII: Nassau Smiths: PRS-68 Hamilton: Khaki Mechanical Gavox​: Squadron Orient: Ray, Black+Blue Citizen: Nighthawk VSA: Infantry GMT, Swiss Army Raider Luminox: Colormark 3152, F-117 Nighthawk 3402 Seiko: SKX007, SBBN017, Marinemaster 300 Nite: Nato MX20 Alt. Model L&H: Orthos Commander 300 Deep Blue: Master 1000, Daylight Rescue T-100 GMT Helm: Vanuatu

Sic'em Bears.

Wow. Umm...I don't even know how to start this...

I'm a "regular" in F71 (the affordable sub-forum here), and I've been in the midst of launching a watch brand for the last year. I've got a project on Kickstarter, and so far, it's done well. Until tonight.

"HavWood" pledged $1 to back my project, then posted an unbelievably malicious comment for all to see, essentially accusing me of being a scam artist and saying the watch is a ripoff. In trying to figure out what was going on, I found that HavWood also posted the identical comment in another watch project, but still about mine. It's bizarre:

Lew & Huey Watches - The Riccardo Automatic Chronograph by Chris Vail » Comments — Kickstarter

Field & Crew: Heritage Watch -Customization on your own time by Chris McDermott » Comments — Kickstarter

I've never heard of HavWood or this Terry Allison until someone posted a comment connecting the two. I have no idea why this person or group has decided to target me and my project. All I can figure is that he's got a vendetta against WUS, and because I've gotten a lot of support here he's associated me with the forum.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

Hidden Content

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

Docvail, I'm the one that linked HavWood and Montrex. I'm sorry he's going after you. This guy is a psycho and hopefully law enforcement will find him. Does anyone know if this guy is even a US Citizen? Or resident??

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Head View Post
    The updates on the kickstarter page for Montrex Watches are just out of control. It would appear that they are now trying to smear or disparage other projects

Montrex Watch Project - A Truly Unique Timepiece ( watches ) by Montrex Watches » Updates — Kickstarter

I have just PM'ed docvail about this- I believe this is completely uncalled for. I don't know anything about the guys in Field & Crew, so someone who supports them might want to alert them. This is unbelievable....because it's so hard to believe (as one sports commentator in Australia once said)
    Holy crap! That's about my watch too. I must have slept with his sister or something.

Machine Head - I did just see your PM - thanks. I'm doing damage control as best I can. I don't know if his comment is the reason, but I did lose one pledge about 20 minutes after he posted that comment. I also sent a note to the guy from Field & Crew, doing my best to explain the unexplainable.
    Kittysafe and Machine Head like this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

Hidden Content

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

I am very sorry to Chris and Field and Crew for the damage caused. I started this thread in order to report to everyone the scam from Terry Allison and to be open in my progress with reporting him but obviously my actions have caught innocent bystanders in the crossfire and I sincerely apologize for that. I'm new to this forum and perhaps I've overstepped my bounds by launching this crusade on my own and not seeking advise first.

Again, I sincerely apologize to the projects affected.

Quote Originally Posted by SteamJ View Post
    I am very sorry to Chris and Field and Crew for the damage caused. I started this thread in order to report to everyone the scam from Terry Allison and to be open in my progress with reporting him but obviously my actions have caught innocent bystanders in the crossfire and I sincerely apologize for that. I'm new to this forum and perhaps I've overstepped my bounds by launching this crusade on my own and not seeking advise first.

Again, I sincerely apologize to the projects affected.
    Wow. Well, I appreciate the apology, but really, it's not needed. You were doing the right thing - looking out for other people. Who knew the guy would find your post in this thread with my name in it and come after me? No way you could predict that happening.

Honestly, I'm trying to see the upshot here - that Field & Crew project seems to be doing well, if all those people go look at mine, which now has a number of new comments defending my (fairly) good name, I could possibly get some new backers. Someone once said there's no such thing as bad press, right?

I was at pucker-level 10 for about five minutes, but then I saw your comment, found this thread, posted what I did above, then went and read the thread from the start. Psycho? Yeah, he is, clearly. Certifiable sociopath. Luckily I've made a lot of friends here, and rather than be secretive about what I've been doing, if anything I've been overly transparent. I'm closing in on 4,000 posts, it's not hard to verify who I am and what I'm all about. This will blow over. Kickstarter will probably have the guy's comments removed by tomorrow afternoon, and we'll have another Terry story to tell, "remember when he went after docvail? Doc took a dump in a box, marked it 'guaranteed' and mailed it to him with a 'TAT' label on it!"

Hidden Content

Banned

Is all of this activity fanning flames or puting out a fire?

Oh - and I can vouch for Ernie Romers being a gentleman.

When I was just a doofus with a dream, working in my basement office, with nothing but a drawing of a watch I hoped to make, I reached out to Ernie about doing business on Watchuseek. Ernie could have easily blown me off. Any regular here is sure to have seen at least a dozen guys with dreams of starting a watch company come and go. But Ernie was quick to respond, and encouraging. He treated me fairly and with respect. Later on, he took time away from Baselworld to respond to me, rather than make me wait a week until the show ended and he returned home.

Yes, it would be in my best interest to blow smoke at you all and say nice things about him, but anyone who's followed my posts knows I don't blow smoke. That ain't my bag, baby.
    zippofan and Machine Head like this.

Hidden Content

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information