Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?) - Page 2
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Questionable Kickstarter projects can be reported, and if the complaints against them are valid and verifiable, Kickstarter will indefinitely suspend the project unless the project owner can satisfy them. I know because I helped a particular strap maker shut down a Kickstarter project that had blatantly stolen its "concept images" from him and several other businesses. Kickstarter may have a financial incentive to see its projects come to fruition, but it also has an interest in not facilitating illegal activity (in the case I mentioned, copyright infringement) or developing a reputation for aiding scammers.

If your concerns about this project are truly serious, I would report them to Kickstarter.
    Cheers,
    Ben "LBD"

v76

Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    I did a search....Find a video for Montres Allison by Terry Allison
    It has FREE WATCHES FOR CHILDREN IN NEED....What a Con!! Children might need food,shoes,clothing...But not a watch. Get real.
    Also some chick is PO'd at him for sleeping with everyone on Earth....LOL
    Aww crap! I'll be right back. Have to post on EDCforums that we've been visited by a scammer on there.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Aww crap! I'll be right back. Have to post on EDCforums that we've been visited by a scammer on there.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    He's been at it for a long time. In my first post I mentioned how he was associated with a particular watch site. It's now abandoned but this was around 10 years ago. He has been at this kind of thing for a while. I can't help but laugh and feel bad at the same time. Beware all things Terry Allison.

What a shame. There are a lot of good watch projects on Kickstarter. Projects like Terry Allison's give the good ones a bad name / image.
    Best,

Tempvs

Quote Originally Posted by Overwound View Post
    Sounds like the same Terry Allison from the old WatchNet forum who started selling the Montres Allison. Not exactly an object of quality. It does seem like the same person. He was, or apparently still is, in Denver, CO as well.

Do an internet search for Terry Allison or Terry Allison II and you'll get a clear picture of what's going on.
    Spot on! They ought to make a movie about this guy. When I first got into watches 3 or 4 years ago I couldn't get enough of his crazy hi-jinx!

Quote Originally Posted by v76 View Post
    Allison's such a duplicitous crackpot that he makes this guy look as if Ferruccio Lamborghini himself has returned from the grave.

Can someone shed more light on this?

I found this online.

Ripoff Report | Montres Allison Deboy Watches Terry Allison Complaint Review Golden, Colorado: 53378

The kickstarter campaign is very close to reaching their goal of $10,000, but has more than 20 some days left on the campaign, which means that if its true this guy is a scam artist he could potentially be ripping off people for the sum of $20,000, $30,000, ..etc who knows how much it will get before end.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Are those still made in the mythical town of Ensvizzengarten ?

OK, I am joking.
    Kind regards
    Mike
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Spot on! They ought to make a movie about this guy. When I first got into watches 3 or 4 years ago I couldn't get enough of his crazy hi-jinx!
    It's comical to read what has happened and the claims that he makes. I'm sure you've seen his portrait shot but if you haven't it's worth a look. To this day I can't tell if the pose was to be funny or serious. Given his past actions I'd say it's a delusional kind of serious.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Are those still made in the mythical town of Ensvizzengarten ?

OK, I am joking.
    I forgot about Ensvizzengarten. LOL!
    Last edited by Overwound; July 10th, 2013 at 13:22.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information