Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?) - Page 4
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Talk about scum!

Redacted. Enough trouble caused.
    Last edited by SteamJ; July 12th, 2013 at 15:19.
    JohnF, Mako, tinknocker and 1 others like this.

That's good.....The bad is two other of his rip-offs were funded....I feel for those people.
    I wonder if any will turn up here?

Good work SteamJ!
    Brad
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

It's been suspended on indiegogo!

It's ironic that this project was being promoted by none other than Jim Skelton on FB. Within 24 hours his fans donated enough money for this "project" to happen. If you do not know who Jim Skelton is, he is the host of worldofwatches.com and a former host of ShopNBC. I actually took a picture of Terry Allison's statement on FB but for some reason I can't share it because the file is too large, anyways this is his statement

"Kickstarter suspended the funding due to Ernie Romers (who used to work for me) using his aliases and clones to post a bunch of lies about the project on watchuseek and then they went on an email mission to kickstarter to get the project cancelled. Ernie is a total weasel. The project is now up at project gone | Indiegogo We'll see for how long. T.A. Here is what I wrote to kickstarter: "Hello

Look at the false claims on this thread: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/terr...am-886940.html --- So much of what they wrote blatantly contradicts what was written in the project. They did this in order to damage me.

They just made a bunch of stuff up.

The reason it was suspended was because a guy who used to work for me named Ernie Romers who posts under aliases on his watchuseek website wrote lies about the project and about me both on his forum and to kickstarter and got some of his forum members to do the same. It's too bad.

This project is completely 100% legitimate and we are fully prepared for any FTC inquiries about our completely 100% truthful Made In The USA claims. Pretty ridiculous. I'm sorry to everybody for this inconvenience.

Thanks for approving the project. You made the right decision when you did that.

Regards,
    Terry Allison" Anybody who backed this project, if you can repost this into the comments section of the project, that'd be awesome... it won't allow me to reply to comments or make comments there. Very disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by sk412 View Post
    The reason it was suspended was because a guy who used to work for me named Ernie Romers who posts under aliases on his watchuseek website wrote lies about the project and about me both on his forum and to kickstarter and got some of his forum members to do the same. It's too bad.
    Funny thing about this is I had absolutely no clue who Ernie Romers is when I found this (I've since learned ;P). I just did my own research and it was plain as day that this was identical to the other cheap tourbillons on Kickstarter and that it was a scam. A complete layman (me) could see that with 5 minutes of research. If more Kickstarter backers did their due diligence then there would be fewer people ripped off.
    Last edited by SteamJ; July 10th, 2013 at 23:25.

Wow! Now that's a true scumbag and a con-artist. Making stuff up while accusing others of doing so.

Well, I've been banned a handful of times on WUS, so I'm not an alias of Ernie's. (Kinda wish I was though. That would mean I'd have a ton of access to a bunch of really nice watches.)

As for Ernie putting me up to referring to Terry Alison as a con-artist and scumbag ... Nope! Alison's track record speaks for itself. Not sure which is worse. That he's a con-man or that he's such a delusional one too apparently.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

SK412...What is FB ?

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    SK412...What is FB ?
    Facebook.

By the way Terry Allison or whoever he is, promotes on facebook under the page "Watch Central".
    Last edited by sk412; July 10th, 2013 at 23:37.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information