Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?) - Page 5
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Dig this guys, he's delaying shipment of another watch he had on KS until KS gets the other going again. A lot of unhappy customers.

Montrex Watch Project - A Truly Unique Timepiece ( watches ) by Montrex Watches » Montrex Project Indefinitely Delayed — Kickstarter
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

I'm flabbergasted… talk about a blast from the past! I just can not believe that:
    1. Terry Allison is not yet serving time…
    2. That he is STILL AT IT!

It must have been almost 10 years since the guy was exposed as a crook, for all the watch world to see, and he's BAAAAACK!

The Chinese company that provided Allison with complete watches was named 'Happy" or "Merry" something (??), and was selling their wares in large, discounted quantities on their website.

His Montres Allison company had been bought out by a lawyer, from Colorado too, if I remember well. The guy wanted to restart the Company! Based on the same crappy Chinese watches. I wonder what happened to that…
    Last edited by Francois Boucher; July 11th, 2013 at 16:00.
    sk412 and Overwound like this.
    François – Quebec City, QC

Unbelievable! In order to prove he's not a scammer, he holds hostage product delivery on a completely different project with a completely different company name in order to "force" that group of investors to pressure Kickstarter to cave and re-open his other, unrelated project.
    He's a real class act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    I'm flabbergasted… talk about a blast from the past! I just can not believe that:
    1. Terry Allison is not yet serving time…
    2. That he is STILL AT IT!

It must have been 5-7 years since the guy was exposed as a crook, for all the watch world to see, and he's BAAAAACK!

His Montres Allison company had been bought out by a lawyer, from Colorado too, if I remember well. The guy wanted to restart the Company! Based on the same crappy Chinese watches.

I wonder what happened to that…
    The lawyer probably hired a couple of watchmakers who likely then came up to him and said, "Ah ... There's something you need to know about these watches."
    Francois Boucher likes this.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

What amazes me is how much people can really be sheep (although it probably shouldn't surprise me). In one case he calls one backer a pedophile (even if he says he wasn't serious) and then posts his full name and address and this person forgives him and chalks it up to "emotions" when he suddenly has a change of heart. Personally I'd be calling a lawyer. Ridiculous and unprofessional and it just shows his true character.

It is really sad that most people do not even take five minutes of their time to do some research before funding this guy. According to the Facebook posts I've been reading from Jim Skelton asking his fans to donate, some people has donated well within the mid hundreds.

So, this is a way to sell cheap as dirt Chinese mushrooms to people for big bucks under the guise of being some sort of boutique American manufacture? All I am seeing in the pictures is a giant turd with a $300+ buy-in.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Allison's such a duplicitous crackpot that he makes this guy look as if Ferruccio Lamborghini himself has returned from the grave.
    Wait. That's not Ferruccio Lamborghini?

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Phan View Post
    Wait. That's not Ferruccio Lamborghini?
    In a world where Terry Allison stands for Haute Horology, it sure is!

Jonathan Witherell is likely not a real person but an alias.

They share the same exact address.

Google 6125 Fenton Street Arvada CO

You'll see that this is both Terry Allison and this Jonathan Witherell character. Roomates? Or just Mr Allison pretending to be somebody else again?

So, let's review.

Possibly (unconfirmed though probably) used a fake name for the Montrex project.

Was the same guy in the HavWood project.

Did this 2rb stunt we all just witnessed. Which, incidentally, he name checks the owner of Watchuseek in his kickstarter page, but turns around and claims he's an employee, and is also ruining his life, marriages, etc. What on earth?

If I were a Montrex pledge I would not wait around to get my watch. It's never coming. Somebody who uses aliases is not interested in a legitimate product.

This goes beyond low level cons. This is probably wire fraud. I mean...it fits the legal definition doesn't it? I'm frankly surprised this has gone on all year and is not a criminal matter yet.

The sad irony is, he looks to be a guy who -probably- could put together and sell a reasoned product if he just represented it honestly instead of trying to resort to all this puffery. But who can reason with a sociopath?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information