Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?) - Page 8
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: Terry Allison Kickstarter (Scam?)

I don't think Kickstarter has the money...They seem to just act as a middle man for two parties...Investor to Kickstareter to Terry Allison.
    TA got the money....Now all this is speculation on my part..I think he needs the money from this closed scam in order to pay for the
    previous watches...I think the saying is "Rob Peter to pay Paul".

Decided to remove my comments, he's not worth it.
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; July 11th, 2013 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    I tell you, I'd be on the phone with the Colorado Attorney General if my money was being held by him or kickstarter.

And if kickstarter suspends or stops funding, they better give it back to the investors or they're stealing.
    Once the project ends the money is transferred through Amazon payments to the project founder and Kickstarter only ever touches the 5% they get. And if a project is suspended or cancelled then the backers never pay anything. Not a cent is paid until the project ends and then Amazon payments processes everything but nobody is out any money up to that point and you can cancel a pledge before the end.
    heartbreak likes this.

I've been doing a little "investigating" TA claims to have made two gold watches for Steven Segal(longtime friend)...He has a website
    TAT (Terry Allen Timepieces) he states he has a store in Candor, North Carolina....Population 825 people. I doubt he does
    much business there...I doubt they even have a store of any kind there. I am in awe of TA's business prowess....I predict a great
    future in American politics for him...

Quote Originally Posted by SteamJ View Post
    Once the project ends the money is transferred through Amazon payments to the project founder and Kickstarter only ever touches the 5% they get. And if a project is suspended or cancelled then the backers never pay anything. Not a cent is paid until the project ends and then Amazon payments processes everything but nobody is out any money up to that point and you can cancel a pledge before the end.
    I've seen quite a few different projects on Kickstarter (non-watches) where the investment totals were rather large. That 5% represents a nice "commission" for Kickstarter after a project is completed.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

I'm one of the dumb*** backers of this dude. Literally feel like an idiot. Having said that, I tweeted at Oprah and Ben Affleck and am awaiting a response (obviously unlikely) to validate that he in fact did not design a watch for him. I've been going back and forth with him on the kickstarter page Montrex Watch Project - A Truly Unique Timepiece ( watches ) by Montrex Watches » Pics of boxes, warranty cards, watches, and even 2RB tourbillon — Kickstarter lol. This guy is unbelievable. If there is anyway you guys can make some more noise or help get our money back from this douche that would be greatly appreciate by all the 166 backers.

Quote Originally Posted by dubie2k View Post
    I'm one of the dumb*** backers of this dude. Literally feel like an idiot. Having said that, I tweeted at Oprah and Ben Affleck and am awaiting a response (obviously unlikely) to validate that he in fact did not design a watch for him. I've been going back and forth with him on the kickstarter page Montrex Watch Project - A Truly Unique Timepiece ( watches ) by Montrex Watches » Pics of boxes, warranty cards, watches, and even 2RB tourbillon — Kickstarter lol. This guy is unbelievable. If there is anyway you guys can make some more noise or help get our money back from this douche that would be greatly appreciate by all the 166 backers.
    I think I speak for the majority here...I/we are truly sorry this happened to you....But if you read this post, only one person brought
    all this to the attention of Kickstarter....I think they then took a second look and saw the truth behind the smoke and mirrors.
    Most here think you will get a watch...It just is not the quality watch you think. The 2RB is not an all AMERICAN MADE watch.
    That was what we are talking about.
    Last edited by little big feather; July 11th, 2013 at 20:52.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

166 backers reporting to the police would be noise enough methinks.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 2nd, 2014 at 15:51.
    Kind regards
    Mike
    Hidden Content

Yea it's a good learning experience for all of us haha. I just don't think kickstarter has anyway of getting the money back for us nor do they want this to get out because it could damage their reputation (which they may or may not deserve lol). Mike, the problem with contacting the police is what jurisdiction does this reside in? Since all of us are around the country, it would be a federal issue and I don't even know if this is technically criminal or civil.

Get in touch with as many as you can and each person call the FBI...100 phone calls from all over America will get someones attention I think.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information