• 4 Post By Worm007
  • 1 Post By pantagruel
  • 1 Post By Sgt.Pepper
  • 1 Post By knightRider
  • 1 Post By Worm007

Thread: Christoper Ward Slimline

Christoper Ward Slimline

Christopher Ward Slimline (1)
    Some time ago I changed my style from super casual to a little more dressy / classy / smart – whatever you want to call it. So I´ve had to (or wanted to) change style of my watches as well. For a long time I was only looking for sport / dive watches. I´ve started with RADO D-star 200 in blue, then I went with Tag Heuer Formula 1 cal. 6, then few Seikos. All great watches but I was looking for something a little bit more dressy than that. So I bought Orient Star Retrograde. It was and still is a great watch. Great movement, nice bracelet, great detailled dial... But then I realized that I don´t wear my sport watches as often as I used to and I only wear OS. It was the time when I´ve receiced an email from Chr. Ward notifying me about some sale. This was my way to this beautiful watch.
    Shipping was super fast, price was great, but I was a little bit afraid because I don´t purchase watches in an impulsive way. But this time it was 20 second decision-making process and boom – I bought it.
    I have this was for 2 months now I think and I still love it. I think this was is worth it´s full price. I´ve followed Chr. Ward for some time (on FB, Instagram, reviews, forums) and I admired the brand for making (as I was told) swiss quality watches in a decent price range.

My thoughts of this watch:

The first thing I´ve noticed when I unboxed it was that it has AR coating which is really visible (but I was not able to take a good photo of it). I did not expect that, it was a nice surprise. I bought version with white dial, since I wanted to try something different than blue / black / grey on a leather strap. I was stunned by it´s real life looks. I´ve had enough watches to be aware of huge difference between pictues online and watch in real life, but I am always surprised – sometimes not in a pleasant way, but this was not the case – slimline really shows its real beauty when you see it in person.

Name:  IMG_2127.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  1.81 MB

The dial is nice, white doesn´t look cheap at all (was a little afraid of this). With polished hands, beatiful indexes and AR coating it just shines. I was also a little worried about „SLIMLINE“ text on the dial, because sometimes you see texts with no meanings on watches (professional – when the watch is clearny not ment or made for professionals etc.) But in this case, slimline really means something – the was is really slim – more than a half od my OS and RADO. The watch can be easily worn with shirts, cufflinks and pretty much everything.

Name:  IMG_2189.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  2.52 MB

The case is very well polished and I really like details on the lugs. Lug width is 20mm so you can get a lot of straps for this watch. In my experience the watch looks most classy on the leather, which is very well made and comes with easy removing mechanism but there are other great options. I got few NATOs for summer and I really like the look of it. But the best choice, in my opinion, is perlon. I buy perlons from EULIT only, because the quality and looks are like no other perlon I´ve ever seen. This particular watch looks great on black but also on blue EULIT Palma.

Name:  File 22.7.17 19 06 28.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  2.21 MBName:  IMG_2172.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  1.80 MB

Wearability is pretty high – you can wear this watch with almost everything, depending on the strap option. I must also say that the watch is really light, I don´t know exact weight but it wears great.You feel the presence on your wrist but it´s definitlly not like your divers.

As you can see by now I really like this watch but there is one thing I am not a big fan of and that is transparet caseback.

Name:  IMG_2121.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  2.15 MB

I know a lot of people like watching the movement working (including myself) but in this case and in this perticular case the movement looks very small :/ I like that they added some finishing and new branding on it, but I would prefer solid caseback with some nice engraving. But this is really not important, it´s a great watch.

In conclusion I love Chr. Ward for making this watch and I must also say that I prefer this logo over the new one. Slimline is great choice for business casual, suit, black tie or even super casual outfits. Thanks to it´s 20mm lug width you can have a lot of fun with straps. Dial, detailing, dimensions, finishing, wearability, price, value for your money are all great. I wouldn´t be able to get better dress watch in this price range, even if I´ve paid the full price.

few more shots: Name:  File 22.7.17 17 43 04.jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  2.30 MBName:  File 22.7.17 19 05 25.jpeg
Views: 160
Size:  2.73 MBName:  File 22.7.17 17 44 41.jpeg
Views: 158
Size:  1.85 MB

Re: Christoper Ward Slimline

Excellent review. Well done. I have the square version of this watch and I really think it is a wonderful little piece.
    Sgt.Pepper likes this.
    "This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel,
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats high mountain down."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Very nice review. Thanks for sharing. I've had my eye on CW's C60 Trident 316L Limited Edition.
    pantagruel likes this.

Nice pics.
    What movement is it?
    Price?
    pantagruel likes this.
    Peace people

Quote Originally Posted by knightRider View Post
    Nice pics.
    What movement is it?
    Price?
    Sellita 2801. It was $315 during the 50% off sale.
    "This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel,
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats high mountain down."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Gorgeous

Name:  IMG_1220.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  336.1 KB