Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium BL5350-59L

Thread: Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium BL5350-59L

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JMS

Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium BL5350-59

Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium Alarm Chronograph BL5350-59

Thatís a long one! Thought I would do a brief review on one of these pieces so down to it we go.

A true titanium piece, the weight is super light for its size and yet feels heavy duty. Itís a large watch that you donít feel on the wrist.

The case is well finished. Bracelet feels strong. Bracelet is adjusted by removing full or half links, donít loose those little inserts in the links or you are buggered. Solid end links and no overall rattle to the watch. A combo of brushed and polished finish, the right mix and not too heavy in the titanium color if you know what I mean. Buttons feel right.

Dial is a textured blue. Lume on the hands is blue, markers a blue green, the hands lume outshines the marker lume but is fine, not supper bright but does last all night. Very easy to read piece despite being a busy dial with lots of functions and function markers too on the outer chapter from about 4 to 8.

I wonít go into the specs, it has everything. What I do like is the perpetual calendar based on leap years, an efficient way of working that function. You never have to touch the calendar once set.

Short review. Some nice pics for you. I give it an 8 out of 10, would have been 9 but sometimes the hands donít line up with the markers, not a big deal you donít notice it unless you are searching for it. Bezel dot lines up, more important. For a large watch it wears light, a nice surprise against todayís oversize and overly heavy pieces. I like it!

Last edited by JMS; March 17th, 2009 at 00:08.
    The simply pleasure of holding lifeís vintage treasures is truly a joy. Some stay, some go to make room for others, you play with them for a while then look for a new toy, it is an addiction at least, a fascination of what is no more at best!

BEST REGARDS,

JMS

Re: Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium BL5350-59L

Good review m8. Also this watch looks 100 times better in your pictures than any of the stock photos I've seen, time to revise the wish list .
    WATCHES:

Armida
    / Casio / Citizen / Deep Blue / Doxa / Hamilton / Maranez / Ocean 7 / Orient / Oris / Seiko / Steinhart / Timex / Tissot / Traser

JMS

tks, yes, yes I pride myself in the pics sometimes lol, now if most watch co's would do same!!!
    The simply pleasure of holding lifeís vintage treasures is truly a joy. Some stay, some go to make room for others, you play with them for a while then look for a new toy, it is an addiction at least, a fascination of what is no more at best!

BEST REGARDS,

JMS

Thank you for the review. The watch looks absolutely awesome, and your pics show its beauty very well Is the crystal protected by the bezel or does it stick out? (I hope for the former, given that it's not sapphire)

I complimented a guy at Microcenter wearing one of the today... very nice watch.

JMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 View Post
    Thank you for the review. The watch looks absolutely awesome, and your pics show its beauty very well Is the crystal protected by the bezel or does it stick out? (I hope for the former, given that it's not sapphire)
    Its a bit above the bezel, I look at it as providing scratch protection for the bezel! You can see it in the last 2 pics but in real life its just hardly enough to grab with a fingernail and seems beveled slightly so all is good

BEST REGARDS,

JMS

Re: Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium BL5350-59

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium Alarm Chronograph BL5350-59

Thatís a long one! Thought I would do a brief review on one of these pieces so down to it we go.

A true titanium piece, the weight is super light for its size and yet feels heavy duty. Itís a large watch that you donít feel on the wrist.

The case is well finished. Bracelet feels strong. Bracelet is adjusted by removing full or half links, donít loose those little inserts in the links or you are buggered. Solid end links and no overall rattle to the watch. A combo of brushed and polished finish, the right mix and not too heavy in the titanium color if you know what I mean. Buttons feel right.

Dial is a textured blue. Lume on the hands is blue, markers a blue green, the hands lume outshines the marker lume but is fine, not supper bright but does last all night. Very easy to read piece despite being a busy dial with lots of functions and function markers too on the outer chapter from about 4 to 8.

I wonít go into the specs, it has everything. What I do like is the perpetual calendar based on leap years, an efficient way of working that function. You never have to touch the calendar once set.

Short review. Some nice pics for you. I give it an 8 out of 10, would have been 9 but sometimes the hands donít line up with the markers, not a big deal you donít notice it unless you are searching for it. Bezel dot lines up, more important. For a large watch it wears light, a nice surprise against todayís oversize and overly heavy pieces. I like it!

Can you please take a picture of the watch wearing it :) I wanna see how it looks like on an actual wrist :) thanks much.

JMS

Sorry sold it not long after playing with it, tend to not keep new pieces long vintage is my bag. But it wears large and very comfy and light because it ti

BEST REGARDS,

JMS

Re: Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium BL5350-59

[QUOTE=JMS;1733261]Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium Alarm Chronograph BL5350-59[QUOTE]

Short review. Some nice pics for you. I give it an 8 out of 10, would have been 9 but sometimes the hands donít line up with the markers,

My newly acquired citizen BL5250-53L uses same caliber, that is E812. I easily solved the hands and markers lining up problem by doing an 0-positioning hands correction as per manual instruction. Bear in mind that the minute hand could be adjusted in a movement of 15 seconds/ minute so it has to be discreetly calibered to be aligned with the marker.

my watchs' hands and markers are now spot on...

wristshot???
    Seiko SKX007 on zulu strap | Orient Racing CFT00005M | Citizen Calibre 2100 | Citizen Nighthawk Havana | Vostok New Komandirskie 2426/350007 | Sturmanskie 2623/1451628BL | Philip Stein Modern Collection Large | Accutron Gemini | Swiss Army Dive Master 500m | TX 400 Series | Zodiac Sea Dragon | Invicta S1 Chrono | Elini Genesis Vision Gold| Red Line Range Chrono | Casio G-Shock Mudman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information