Love the dial!
Love the dial!
Normally I'd hate brown straps with stainless and would prefer black, but that looks great.
Maybe it's your lighting, or taking it against a black background, or the texture of the strap, either way nicely done.
The SRP706 looks great too and would make for a nice twin. Would probably work great with the strap you have on yours.
Awesome! I did a review on SRP769K1 (701's Cousin with black dial and Roman numeral indicators) a few days ago. This series of dress watches by Seiko is just insanely good value for money. Some say that the 4Rs are better than ETA, and I agree.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing - the watch looks very nice! Pics are beautiful as well.
a SARB alternative? I don't know!
the looks of this wach are OK, perhaps more than OK and for price I think is a fantastic watch.
Here's what I think about the SARB
1) the combination of the brushed, beveled and polish bezel is beautiful. The SRP701K lacks in detail
2) The sapphire crystal will remained unscratched for a long time. Let me know when the hardlex scratches on your SRP701k
3) The hands and markers are beaufuly executed. The hands on the SRP701k look they were made out of tin foil
4) The 38mm look more like 40mm but feel more like 37mm. This is very subjective and mostly determined by your taste. I personally can wear watches from 37mm to 45mm no problem.
Here are some point for the SRP701K
2) Beautiful dial. The dial on this watch is the most special part of it.
3) Size. Some people cannot stand the thought of wearing a watch less than 40mm
4) NO LUME - I think this is what makes this watch a true dress watch - I wish the SARB line would offer a watch with no lume.
5) The Crystal - The slightly domed crystal makes this watch look more expensive that it truly is. But I can promise you that it will be scratched very soon.
It hink overall a solid piece but I think it would be more comparable to the Orient Bambino.
Thanks for a detailed comparison between the two watches. I agree that the dial on the SRP is the best thing about it.
I haven't seen this Seiko before. It looks classy AF. I've been considering a SARB for awhile, so thanks for putting this on my radar.
I just received this same watch today from a fantastic forum member, Eric, aka DiverBob.
Holy Hannah, I cannot tell you how much I am impressed with this offering from Seiko. Fit and finish, movement, dial, handset, crown...the whole package!
I gave my Orient Bambino to my oldest son, Anders, who will soon start college. That left a dress/casual watch hole in my modest collection, so to speak.
I am so happy with this watch. It is something else to see in person.
Omega Speedmaster 3570.50 Moonwatch, Seiko SRP777, Tudor Sub, Orient Bambino (white dial), Seiko SRP701, Vosktok blue Scuba Dude, Rolex Air-King 16000
Previously loved...Speedy day/date, Speedy MKII, Speedy Reduced, Speedy f300 Seamaster, Speedy Dynamic chronograph, Tudor Heritage Black Bay, Helson Sharkmaster, Seiko Recraft, Bulova Accutron II Moonview. Zodiac V-Wolf, Sandoz Explorer, Sandoz President, Sandoz "Air King", Doxa 1200T, Squale 50 atmos, Precista PRS-14, Precista PRS-3, Benrus Commemorative, Marathon Navigator, CWC Royal Navy Auto, Raven Vintage, Seiko 6309-7040, Orient Producer, Citizen Eco-zilla, Seiko Soxa mod, Zeno 300m diver, Armida A6, Orsa Pro Diver, O&W Pilot, O&W M-4, O&W M-1, Debaufre Ocean 1...lots more...gotta think more on this!
Nice review, and really cool watch. I love that face
Saw the black dial version in the store. The size is a bit too big for me, plus I don't think I can keep the crystal scratch free. It does look classy though, especially if you can find it at a good price.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)