Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stowa Flieger vs. Laco Flieger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Stowa Flieger vs. Laco Flieger

The look of a Stowa watch is just simplistic elegance to me. Love them!

Dave

Nalu 0- I have to admit I am a bit when it comes to the price difference you mention. I understand the movment impacts this but can you be more specific with the price/movment type details?

Thanks

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cooperj View Post
    Nalu 0- I have to admit I am a bit when it comes to the price difference you mention. I understand the movment impacts this but can you be more specific with the price/movment type details?

Thanks
    It is all written on the fora, just use the search function.

The Stowa FO (Flieger Original) came with a modified Unitas movement (hacking, center seconds hand), swan neck fine adjustment ans other special features.

The Laco WUS LE - flick through this sub form and you are in the know: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f288/
    Kind regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    I believe that Stowa has a better fit & finish, but Laco are closer to the WW2 originals.
    specially now with the new 45mm version, that one should have a Dial whose design is very close.

Especially those with the B-dial - because of many B- and C-efforts ( Belgian and Caribbean) .

I wonder what different design could have appeared otherwise......

Many thanks to Janne and Frank,

Volker

great review

Outstanding review. Just so happens these are the 2 watches I've limited it down to. Leanin toward the stowa but not ruling out th Laco. How about the weight? I'm not opposed to a heavy watch at all. In fact I kind of like it.

Bret

Very nice review.

Thank you

Banned

This is a great, in depth review, though to be honest, It isn't factoring in things like hand and wrist size, that plays a major role in my decisions.
    I Have a 42mm Laco B Paderborn, which wears Large for a 42mm, But it's about as small as I would ever go. A 40mm Stowa would look like an
    ant on my wrist, Pilot watches are made to wear large. This is another chunk missing from you're review. So maybe if you've got a slightly smaller wrist,
    the stowa would be the better answer, but not for guys who have medium to large wrists.
    besmi.flyingfish likes this.

Great review and nice pictures. After nearly two years the review continues being very interestig and informative.
    At the moment the watches, especially the Laco, are a little bit more expensive or even significantly more expensive and there are available different options in terms of movements, dials, sizes, etc. But, I insist, the review mantains its interest.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by ajustin67 View Post
    This is a great, in depth review, though to be honest, It isn't factoring in things like hand and wrist size, that plays a major role in my decisions.
    I Have a 42mm Laco B Paderborn, which wears Large for a 42mm, But it's about as small as I would ever go. A 40mm Stowa would look like an
    ant on my wrist, Pilot watches are made to wear large. This is another chunk missing from you're review. So maybe if you've got a slightly smaller wrist,
    the stowa would be the better answer, but not for guys who have medium to large wrists.
    I second that...
    I considered Stowa as an option when choosing the pilot watch, but Laco appealed because of the company's historical past (as one of the original WW2 pilot watches producers), but mainly because of the size of the watch being 42 mm.. Stowa's display back is very attractive, but the fact that they all come at 40mm diameter (too small for my wrist) was a decisive factor towards Laco...

P.S.
    As for the mentioned accuracy comparison. I believe you cannot judge that by looking at two individual watches... For example my Laco is the most accurate out of the other couple of ETAs that i have.. it only looses 1 sec per day..
    Last edited by pavel36; March 29th, 2012 at 17:56.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information