Submariner vs 007_comparison pics
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Submariner vs 007_comparison pics

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Submariner vs 007_comparison pics

Hello,

it’s not my goal here to compare two very different watches. Anyway, having these two “iconic” watches in my small collection, I just had fun to shoot some pics of them togheter.

IMHO, the Submariner is a winner mix of technical beautyness, quality materials and evergreen design. For me is truly the“everywhere watch”, always perfect in every moments of the day and life.
    The 007 has a clean, sporty and smart design, and and affordable even-if-not-so-accurate movement inside. All for less than 200 euros.

Both these watches have a workhorse in-house movement inside (Rolex caliber 3135 the Submariner, Seiko 7s26 the SKX007), both are robusts and easy to maintain, what is a great plus for me. Both have a dial highly legible in every conditions, both are divers, both are very comfortables to wear.

The Submariner steel bracelet it's a real work of art, period. I like also the Jubilee bracelet of the 007, it's speak someway "cheap" but in a good sense, like an old FIAT 500 if you understand what I mean

Anyway what really count for me, I “feel good” when I wear my Submariner and when I wear my 007, no matter what of the two.

Some pics now, cheers
    Alfredo

Last edited by baddayatblackrock; October 12th, 2014 at 12:16.

Re: Submariner vs 007_comparison pics

Great pictures. They almost look like twins from certain angles even thought they are entirely different. Nice post.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

Perfect example to show how little extra you get by spending 50x more. This is not Rolex bashing at all, and God knows I have spent a lot of $ on a watch. Rolex is better in every aspect, and more or less every component is better executed with higher precision and finish level. But you remove branding and let a person choose between watch A (Rolex) or watch B (Seiko) + $7k, I don't think it would be a contest at all. We know the resale value, history, small details etc. Ohh well, we are all little nuts and very subjective here on wus, I guess. Great pics OP, thank you.

I also own these two and I agree with your assessment. I really enjoy wearing my 007. It's becoming a cult classic and a really fun watch at a bargain price.
    Snaggletooth likes this.
    My little friends:

Bernhardt Binnacle GMT
    Casio G-Shock GD-350
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
    Casio G-Shock Mudmaster GWG-1000
    Citizen Nighthawk
    Kienzle Chronograph
    Omega Speedmaster PRO
    Orient Star Classic
    Rolex Submariner
    Seiko 007 Diver
    Seiko SARB 021

And a few other fun watches ...
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mpnap View Post
    Perfect example to show how little extra you get by spending 50x more. This is not Rolex bashing at all, and God knows I have spent a lot of $ on a watch. Rolex is better in every aspect, and more or less every component is better executed with higher precision and finish level. But you remove branding and let a person choose between watch A (Rolex) or watch B (Seiko) + $7k, I don't think it would be a contest at all. We know the resale value, history, small details etc. Ohh well, we are all little nuts and very subjective here on wus, I guess. Great pics OP, thank you.

The core arguement is the same when you compare to a utilitarian product vs a luxury item.

Is a Hermes Kelly bag 10 times better than a coach? The answer will be yes or no depending on who you ask and what are you after.

That's part of the fun, you pay for what you want and need and there's plenty of choices out there.

Here's my 007 and 14060
    Attached Images Attached Images

liwang22 likes this.

Both watches are great watches

I am plagued by dreams of watches

Great watches and great pics. If you have only those two, you have a great collection!

Excellent pictures. I own the sibling to the SKX007, the SKX009 as well as the SubC and love both watches.

Quote Originally Posted by mpnap View Post
    The Rolex has slightly more utilitarian benefit than the Seiko - I'm sure the bracelet is more comfortable, the bezel has less play, crown feels sturdier, etc. The Rolex's intrinsic value is academic in my opinion. It's history, every component made in house down to the precious metals, their absolute quality control, a brand name that assures the highest possible quality (as well as screaming "I spent a lot of money"), their R&D still breaking new ground in horology, their authorized dealerships and lifetime product support, etc. Only a few of these contribute directly to the quality of the watch you hold in your hand.

I read something on an old Omega fan site when I first started researching and collecting watches, and they said anything you spend over $200 on a watch, you're leaving utility territory and entering jewelry territory. I've kept that motto close to heart. Rolexes are jewelry first and foremost and there's nothing wrong with that if that's what you're into.

Thanks OP for the comparison and the intellectual thoughts it spurned :)
    Last edited by saeglopuralifi; October 30th, 2014 at 23:46. Reason: grammar
    Ponder likes this.

Great post and pics!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information