WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Unboxing Timex Expedition Scout T499639J

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  usclassic 
#1 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Number
Happy to report second hand arrow lines up with indices - yeah!

I like this version of the Scout. Easy to read. Lume on Hour and Minute hands. Dial is cream color with Indiglo. Leather band is comfortable out of the box.

Measured case 40.25mm 43.73mm with crown - 10.55mm thick. Crystal 34 mm

Band on fourth hole on 7 1/2 inch wrist.

See less See more
1 1
#6 ·
Hello WuS! This is my first post, although I've lurked for many moons. If this is a thread hijack, please advise and accept my apology.

I recently purchased a Timex T49962 with a black dial and tan canvas-like strap (which may actually be nylon) from Amazon for less than $25 shipped. This is the least amount of money I've EVER spent for a watch. Funny, my Rolex 116233 doesn't get worn this often...(maybe because I'd rather not damage it with daily use, but that's beside point).

I have to say that, after living with it for a few weeks, I absolutely love it. It keeps good time - possibly great time. It looks fantastic if you appreciate the US military field-style watch. And the indiglo is a wonderful bonus. I'm not crazy in love over the strap, but it's nothing a nice leather or NATO nylon strap won't fix.

Does it matter that it's battery-powered? Not to me. Does it matter that it was inexpensive? Not if you don't know what it cost, because it sure punches above its weight.

A person can be proud to wear a watch like this, regardless of cost or brand cachet because it's a good-looking watch that works.

My two cents...

#7 ·
I agree the Timex certainly provides a lot of watch for the money and offers a style for just about everyone. I certainly enjoyed wearing mine day and night. But then I lost interest and sent it back. I have another Timex with perpetual calendar and it sits in my watch box. Always has the correct time and date offering those each time I look into the watchbox but still my Seiko 5 stays on my wrist. My next watch is the Hamilton Officer Mechanical H69419933 as it offers the kind of relationship I am looking for. While the Timex is terrific it could not hold me long term. I find I even prefer lume to Indiglo as a purer form of night vision after wearing the Seiko 5 to sleep each night the past several weeks. I do use a UV flashlight to charge it when I go to bed so it is very bright through the night. I am also liking the green aspect of no batteries for mechanical watches. I considered Citizen BM8180-03E Eco-Drive solar but saw a high dollar Eco-Drive at the jewelery store, in the showcase, under bright lights, double ticking the seconds as a low battery warning even being directly under those bright lights - that was all I needed to see to end that romance. So now I am firmly over in the wind up mechanical camp and the Hamilton Mechanical is at the top of my want list. Just say'n....

Keep on Ticking....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.