WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Video: Tissot Classic Dream Moonphase

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AsAnAtheist 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's a video I put together for my Tissot Classic Dream Moonphase Watch. Sorry for the shaking camera, Tripod was not doable for my intentions.
1080P.
I've owned an astonishing 3 watches in my life, 2 fossil 1 I am not sure I was very young I believe it was Seiko. 1 Fossil, the links were loose and the watch fell loosing it. 2nd was a Fossil watch as well, strap was no good and fell off. My 3rd watch was a gift which my brother took for his own. He ended up selling it.

I knew I wanted a leather strap watch as steel bracelets never really appealed to me. I had a couple hundred and I began my search for a casual yet subtle and elegant design. Something I could look at and enjoy aesthetically but wouldn't have people complimenting me every time I see them. I first began my search with Seiko 5, nothing of interest. Then Citizen Eco Drive, I did find one "Citizen Eco Drive Sapphire" which looked nice but at the same time the dial looked... simple and cheap. Next up was Bulova, Hamilton, and vintage watches. Now I had preferred getting a vintage watch, since it would offer the most bang for the buck but little did I realize that one of my requirements, sapphire crystal, was not possible with many if not all vintage watches which used acrylic. I did find a couple vintage Omegas, and a a single vintage Hamilton which I sent offers despite using acrylic or mineral glass to but I passed.

I found this watch in the "Corner Sales" of WUS. $250 shipped priority mail.

Specs
Mfg: Tissot
Series: T-Classic
Model: Dream Moonphase (T033.423.16.038.00)Movement: Swiss Quartz, ETA 255.485 (Reliable source needed)
Case: 316L Stainless Steel
Case thickness: Approximately 8mm
Crystal: Sapphire Crystal
Dial: 316L Stainless Steel
Strap: 19mm Brown Leather, Alligator grain. Standard Buckle.

Comments on watch:

Movement:
Very accurate. Differences are unknown, so far less then 1 sec or no loss in a week. Swiss made with metal casing versus plastic, looks nice and clean.

Face:
Very clean brushed "silver" dial with easy to read Roman numbers, skipping two numerals with botons.
Tissot 1853 is displayed underneath 12 o' clock.
Minute and Hour hands are lazenform.
Seconds hand is a birnform, with the distinctive signature "T" on the opposite side as opposed to just ending with a circular mount.
The moonphase movement is highly simple with just a small opening to see the illustration for measuring the phases of the moon.

Case:
High polished with even degree of polishing, very simple nothing to really write about. Could have been done better, but then again the price would have had to reflect that.

Strap:
Probably a padded leather strap. Decent quality, very comfortable. Doesn't fit me perfectly but it is suitable. The buckle system makes it fairly fool-proof, easy to position and feels very secure.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.