Wilson Watch Works 200m diver

Thread: Wilson Watch Works 200m diver

Wilson Watch Works 200m diver

I always found online reviews so helpful when choosing a watch to buy. This one will be on the Wilson Watch Works 200m diver.

Name:  RSCN0220.JPG
Views: 2723
Size:  283.0 KB

You aren't going to get a better watch for $400 than the 200m diver.

As for appearances, there is nothing too flashy here. The case and dial are reminiscent of an older submariner. That being said, there are several dial/hand combinations to choose from. The buyer must also pick what color bezel they want. I believe the case can also be bead-blasted for an additional fee. I actually prefer the simple look of this watch to the busier (more modern) dials. The strap I have on it now is aftermarket. I find rubber to be more comfortable than metal bracelets.

Name:  RSCN0219.JPG
Views: 2687
Size:  208.6 KB

The watch comes equipped with a standard ETA 2824-2 movement. It's nothing fancy, but when the watch arrived in the mail it was only losing about 3 seconds a day. The watches are all regulated before they are mailed out in order to insure their accuracy. Even though the movement is not chronometer grade, it has been running within COSC specs for the past few months. The crystal is sapphire and flat with an anti-reflective coating on it. I would have liked it to be a domed crystal, but at this price point I don't really see that as an option.

The 200m diver comes with a screw down crown with the standard 3 positions (winding, date, and time).

Name:  RSCN0221.JPG
Views: 2585
Size:  154.8 KB

The watch I received has no brand markings on it whatsoever. I'm not sure if this is the norm. The W3 image gallery shows a logo on the side of the crown, which mine didn't have. It doesn't really bother me, as I didn't buy the watch because of the brand.

Conclusion: If you are looking for a simple yet handsome watch, the Wilson Watch Works 200m might be your style. It's also easy on the bank account as well.

Name:  DSCN0226.JPG
Views: 2789
Size:  269.3 KB
    Last edited by mGARANDEUR1; June 29th, 2011 at 01:49.

Thread Information