Best durable / battle hardened watch?

Thread: Best durable / battle hardened watch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best durable / battle hardened watch?

Hi everyone,

First post on the site :)

I am new to the watch world really, and would like some info / advice on watches / brands that are considered the most durable / reliable with respect to outdoor activities etc but that also can be worn for work.

I am interested in chronograph watches and I have been looking at a Tissot PRC 200 which appears to have good feedback on the durability.

From your expert opinions, what other watches might I be advised to look into and what do you think of the PRC 200 as a durable / battle hardened watch?

Any feedback will be much appreciated, thanks a lot!

Re: Most durable, reliable watches / brands?

I think the Casio G-shock has a handsome following here - I don't have one though, put I'm sure the fans will tune in shortly :)
    That said, wearing a G-shock might not be appreciated in all lines of work :)
    Stowa Antea Creme, without date
    Broadarrow PRS-3
    Wrist: 8.5" or 21,5 cm

Banned

A G would definitely be good for outdoor activities, but as dabutcha67 said it may not be suitable for work. If you work in a semi casual place and not an office enviroment the MTG-900 G-Shock would a nice one.

Since Buckster comes from the UK, a G-Shock might well be fine for an office environment. It seems that 'acceptabilty / conformity' is more of an issue in some countries than others. In the UK, with few exceptions, no-one is looking at your watch, or making judgements on the basis of it.

I have worn 5600s to high-level meetings without a second thought. Hell, I even wore the 8300 Stargate...
    Last edited by tribe125; August 6th, 2007 at 00:21.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    In the UK, with few exceptions, no-one is looking at your watch, or making judgements on the basis of it.
    Barbaric!
    Todd Louis Green

Train hard & stay safe!

I believe it was this fashion issue ( more than that silly taxation without representation thing) that prompted us in the 'colonies' to separate from the British.
    Now, if you want a chrono to wear with a business suit I would suggest a Speedmaster Pro. Attractive, generally considrered to be so. Tastefull, well it is all made of metal (less crystal of course). Tough, yep- it went to... well you know.
    I like to think that my watches will outlast me. This just can't be said for the G-Shock (or any quartz watch). I realize that this is an quirky thing of mine but I also know I'm not alone
    Don

Inactive

get a formex.

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    I believe it was this fashion issue ( more than that silly taxation without representation thing) that prompted us in the 'colonies' to separate from the British.
    I'll get right onto re-writing the history books!
    Stowa Antea Creme, without date
    Broadarrow PRS-3
    Wrist: 8.5" or 21,5 cm

stuffler,mike

I doubt that the PRC 200 is a "battle hardened watch". It's not even ice-hardened (Damasko) or tegimented (Sinn) to withstand scratches and dings - just 316L stainless steel.

G-Shock will fit the bill.

Depends on your budget and personality or style preference. Understanding if you have a price range in mind wil help others give you beter suggestions.

The G-Shock is a tough and "battle hardened" watch and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who can effectively debate that. Mine is my #2 watch for that very reason. That said: I don't like wearing my G-Shock to work (a casual to business-casual office/technology environment). I prefer diver style watches for a balance between durability and good looks, which suits me better.

As far as chronographs go, others will have to help you out there. I've never really been drawn to the faces/dials and find them to be a little too cluttered for my tastes.

Just my $0.02 and best of luck.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information