Chase-Durer opinions

Thread: Chase-Durer opinions

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chase-Durer opinions

Does anyone have experience with or opinions on Chase durer watches? Specifically, ive got my eye on a special forces model. They aren't cheap, but luminox has lost some of its lustre due to quality issues.

Thanks!

Re: Chase-Durer opinions

I have owned three of the UDT Special Forces quartz chronos, including two regular size and one extra-large size. I have found them to be well-made with good fit and finish, reliable, robust / durable and aesthetically good to look at. They offer a good-quality PVD chrono that can be relied upon and that can be abused (as I did with all three in my profession).

Hope that this helps.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

My Cloud Chaser and Abyss have served me well. No complaints!

I've had a chase durer pilot commander for about 10 years. I've had 0 problems and have been extremely impressed with the quality.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Quote Originally Posted by JAD3703 View Post
    I have owned three of the UDT Special Forces quartz chronos, including two regular size and one extra-large size. I have found them to be well-made with good fit and finish, reliable, robust / durable and aesthetically good to look at. They offer a good-quality PVD chrono that can be relied upon and that can be abused (as I did with all three in my profession).

Hope that this helps.

James
    Were you in the Royal Canadian Special Forces? Tell me what types of abuse that you put all 3 of your Chase-Durer watches thru. I would love to hear your stories.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dimitribouras View Post
    Were you in the Royal Canadian Special Forces? Tell me what types of abuse that you put all 3 of your Chase-Durer watches thru. I would love to hear your stories.
    Thanks
    Two operational deployments overseas, three months in the arctic and four months in a desert, all wearing a C-D Special Forces UDT. Used the chrono functions to synchronize navigation leg times and distances both on the ground and in the air. And a bunch of other minor travels and field exercises. Excellent watch all around.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

I've owned a Blackhawk for several years. It's almost indestructible. My only gripe was that it would not reset the seconds hand to exactly 12. It was off by a very slight amount. Bands were around 30 dollars. It's been hard to kill this watch.

Steve

MID

I have a 1000XL UDT. Despite the silly stuff on the dial, CD makes a good, solid, reliable, and smart-looking watch.

They're pretty robust and utilizes Swiss movements~Go for it, cheers!

I used to want a Chase Durer Special Forces chrono and a Mach 3 Chrono. However, the more I looked, the more I saw bad reviews in the durability and reliability department. Even though I still think the SF UDT chrono (aka "Burn Notice" watch) is one of the coolest looking watches out there, eventually all the negative reviews kinda turned me off to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information