Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Great G Shock for military

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great G Shock for military

Hey mil watch lovers,

I think this G-Shock fits the bill.

What I love:
    Mudman protection
    Stealth Look (with a "bit" of gold bling on the buckle")
    Not bulky
    Atomic
    Solar
    28 city World Time
    20 Bar water resistance
    Auto Light

Just a fab watch in my opinion. This is not an ad, but I took a chance on a dicey looking watch website and they shipped it to me, no hassles, and cheap. I thought there was a good chance I'd get ripped off, but not at all. email if you'd like the name of it. Have a great weekend!
    Blancpain Aqua Lung 2001; Omega Speedmaster 1969 c.861; Rolex Air King; Rolex Cellini 4112; Cartier Tank Francaise; Omega Constellation Gold/Steel quartz day/date; Marathon SAR; G Shock Dawn Black LE 5525; Polar 625X; Rolex Submariner 5513

Re: Great G Shock for military

Yup, it's a beaut all right! I love mine too. The Dawn Black 5525 is probably the most comfortable G-Shock I own...

Comes with a neat little dog tag too...

This one's also a contender for that military vibe. The G-Shock Men In Khaki Mudman...

Yes, for sure!! That watch, in the original version, is what started it all in the way back. My first G-Shock was stolen unfortunately. I wore it during my Airborne training at Fort Benning, Ga back in 1988
    "Some people work for a living, me, I'd rather fly!"

One thing that irks me about the GW-5500 and GW-5525 is the end piece of strap sticking out on the outside of the wrist (if worn on left arm). It catches onto things and looks annoying. I never had this problem with my DW-6900 as the excess strap was flush with the main strap. I guess one could grow a thicker wrist or simply cut it off! The latter not being such an elegant solution.
    nicholas.d likes this.

Hi, the end of my strap on my 5525 is completely flush as I wear it this morning. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken View Post
    One thing that irks me about the GW-5500 and GW-5525 is the end piece of strap sticking out on the outside of the wrist (if worn on left arm). It catches onto things and looks annoying. I never had this problem with my DW-6900 as the excess strap was flush with the main strap. I guess one could grow a thicker wrist or simply cut it off! The latter not being such an elegant solution.
    Blancpain Aqua Lung 2001; Omega Speedmaster 1969 c.861; Rolex Air King; Rolex Cellini 4112; Cartier Tank Francaise; Omega Constellation Gold/Steel quartz day/date; Marathon SAR; G Shock Dawn Black LE 5525; Polar 625X; Rolex Submariner 5513

Do you think that another great G Shock for military is G9000?
    in the last few months i saw in my friend's hands how serrvice in Frogman team wearing G9000.
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4751/greeksymbol.jpg

I'll have to go back and get pics, but the post exchange has 3 different G-shocks that are blacked out. No colors on the watch faces, cases or bands. One looks like the watch in the original post, the other 2 are "Mudmen"

Hi, absolutely. Here are the pics of the 9000 used by French marines...[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by G Shock View Post
    Do you think that another great G Shock for military is G9000?
    in the last few months i saw in my friend's hands how serrvice in Frogman team wearing G9000.

i agree.......
    g-shock = military
    G-9100 - Citizen Aqualand JP-2000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information