Mini Review, Military Watch Co. Tritium Diver.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BREAKWATER

Thread: Mini Review, Military Watch Co. Tritium Diver.

-->

Mini Review, Military Watch Co. Tritium Diver.

Well, got the long awaited GLTS Tritium MWC in today. All in all for the money, not a bad watch. There is definately evidence of short cutting, but other than mostly small refinements, not a bad watch, especially at 1/4th the cost of a very similar looking Marathon SAR. The watch measures in at a fairly large 48mm including the crown with 24mm lugs, 15mm thick and 50mm end to end.

The Good,
    The watch has a nice weighted presence on the wrist, very large 24mm lugs which I like, has mb-microtech H3 Tritium lume. Also, I really like the bezel, 96 clicks and the bezel numbers actually line up with the dial numbers. Comes on a very nice oyster styled bracelet with solid endlinks. Has Swiss Ronda Quartz movement, although I don't believe it is a real Ronda movement upon opening the case for further inspection. Next,...

The Bad,
    First of all and what truly aggrevated me the most, was how the spring bars are right against the side of the case not allowing for any other strap option except for the bracelet provided with the watch, which immediately came off, not a bracelet guy. I actually milled the edges very delicately by hand with a detail file to allow the use of a 24mm Nato strap, appears factory. Next would be the smeary smudges on the underside of the crystal, a quick glance out in the sunlight nearly made me sick Upon arriving home from work, I immediately started with the disassembly process, when looking at the movement it states, Ronda 1 Jewel and "Swiss Parts" just over to one side, not sure, but all Ronda movements I have had previous to this were all gold colored. The bezel moves way easier then it should, if your shirt sleeve rubs against it, it will move. I would definately say the H3 Tritium lume is way over exadurated, no where near as bright as it has been made out to be. There were also metal shavings all around the inner edge, just beside the case back seal, after all necessary cleaning, lubing and re-assemling, I am satisfied with the watch for the money. I would only recommend this watch to someone who is mechanically inclined and fairly comfortable with pulling there watch apart, or simply comfortable with the unrefinements.

Last edited by BREAKWATER; February 18th, 2010 at 01:30.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: Mini Review, Military Watch Co. Tritium Diver.

Good and honest review~Cheers!

Ronda do actually make two versions of their 715 quartz movement:

Swiss made, 5 jewels, gold plated, battery End of Life indication.

Swiss parts (assembled in China), 1 jewel, nickel.

MWC use the Chinese version.

Thank you, Breakwater! I have been wanting to read an even-handed review of this watch.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Chronosport UDT Type IIa, Marathon GSAR, Steinhart Ocean GMT Vintage, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Ollech & Wajs M-4S, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007J, Garmin Fenix

Quote Originally Posted by Beau8 View Post
    Good and honest review~Cheers!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Squirrel View Post
    Ronda do actually make two versions of their 715 quartz movement:

Swiss made, 5 jewels, gold plated, battery End of Life indication.

Swiss parts (assembled in China), 1 jewel, nickel.

MWC use the Chinese version.
    Good to know, had my wheels turning about that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug507 View Post
    Thank you, Breakwater! I have been wanting to read an even-handed review of this watch.
    Your certainly welcome, from what I have found MWC has a seamingly bad rep around the forums but I have to say after the few modds and adjustments I initially made, I have been wearing the watch alot. All in all good lume and after about a week of wearing it, set time is still dead on and no issues even having worn it to work.
    Desert likes this.

great review mate...i watched for a long time the mwc watches but at the end i pulled the trigger with a cwc g10...
    it's the entry level of the cwc but the quartz is fantastic and the watch a tank....
    glad you like the mwc ...
    wear it in good health...
    G-Shocks and subs

Quote Originally Posted by ecalzo View Post
    great review mate...i watched for a long time the mwc watches but at the end i pulled the trigger with a cwc g10...
    it's the entry level of the cwc but the quartz is fantastic and the watch a tank....
    glad you like the mwc ...
    wear it in good health...

Thanks, I like the watch more and more each time I wear it, super comfy on the Nato and I think it just looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    Your certainly welcome, from what I have found MWC has a seamingly bad rep around the forums...
    They do, and they have earned it with their dishonest marketing and blatantly false claims of being issued to various militaries. That's why I liked your review - the subject of the actual quality of their products rarely comes up.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Chronosport UDT Type IIa, Marathon GSAR, Steinhart Ocean GMT Vintage, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Ollech & Wajs M-4S, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007J, Garmin Fenix

Thread Information