Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm a military pilot looking for a new everyday watch. I currently wear a Casio AWG-100 but I'm looking for something a little nicer. I have a list of needs/wants and so far I haven't been able to find a watch that meets all of these. I'm hoping some of you experts can point me in the right direction. I'll list the needs/wants below in order of importance.
- Atomic timekeeping. I MUST have this to keep a good time hack every day. I don't want to call the Naval Observatory every day to make sure my hack is good.
- Analog and digital. I like having both. The kicker is, I really want a seconds hand on the analog, but this seems to be harder to find.
- Good looking. I know this is subjective, but I want something that looks good on my wrist. I like a bigger watch also.
- Negative face. I like the all-black look and negative digits.
- A good light. I absolutely hate the weak LED on my current G-shock. I want the Indaglow type light where the digits or background light up. I need something I can read in the cockpit at night.
- Resin band. I'm not a fan of the metal bands on my every day watch due to the weight. I'd like to keep it as light as possible.
So this is pretty much it. The two I have been looking at are the Core All Black and the G-Shock GW3500-B. The Core doesn't have the Atomic time keeping or ana/digi face. The Casio doesn't have the seconds hand or the good light. I wish I could combine these two and make the perfect watch for me, but so far I haven't been able to find one. Any help?