WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Bulova 96a102 military remake

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mpkaier 
#1 ·
I just purchased from a website two of the their last bulova 96a102 for $150 including shipping... It is like new but the problem both watches have scuffs on the crystal... Was it a bad thing to buy? Or a smart move?

I was told that it is acrylic crystal and the scuffs will buff right out and it will be Good as new...Is that true? I've been looking for one and seems nobody has them... Was this a limited piece? I was actually bidding tonight on one on ebay but it ended up around $260 but i gave up... so I figured $150 for two no brainer since it looks like it's becoming collectible... what you guys think?

#2 ·
You're looking for something called Polywatch. It's a polish for acrylic crystals. It's most effective on the day-to-day scuffs and swirlies on the crystal. Deep gouges are beyond repair in my limited experience.

If that doesn't help you out, then it's roughly $40 (depending on the shop) for a new generic acrylic crystal.

#4 ·
I am not familiar with the watch, but as to the scratches on the crystal, there is also the Novus line of plastic polish/scratch removers. About $20. for the set of 3 1oz. bottles. (removes light, medium and heavy scratches.) Good for removing scratches on all types of acrylic plastic. (Can even be used to get the 'fog' off car headlights, but gentle enough for your crystal. ) Search on Amazon for "Novus 7100."

#5 ·
This is a great watch. I have one in my collection and wear it on many weekends. You has a very clean look. Light scratches on the crystal can be removed with Mothers plastic polish, purchased at almost any Auto Parts store. Several applications will get light scratches out and render the plastic face almost like new. I polish mine every couple of months. Enjoy the watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.