WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Can Someone Help Identify This Bulova?

896 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  chauza 
#1 ·
Spent hours trying to find this watch and gather information online, but couldn't find anything. Can someone please help me identify it? It says N2 at the back so I know it's from 1972. Opened it and it says "11 aoacb" on the movement.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
My inconclusive analysis

Bulova "23" was my first thought but ruled that out when reading at MyBulova that the "23" series ended in 1964 and never had a day/date. Didn't the Clipper variants have 17 jewels and feature a whale on the dial? The "Presidents" from the early "70s had 23 jewels but had oval cases. Oceanographer and Ambassador were out for reasons too complicated to detail here.
One couldn't help noticing that Swiss catalogs and we have few of those to go on, show only model numbers without a model name. That is very inconsiderate but understandable considering that the Swiss models were made for sales in markets other than the United States and for that reason, your watch may remain nameless. If you insist on Americanizing an otherwise Swiss model, there is one obscure American model that stands out. "Buccaneer" would me my guess.

#6 ·
Not all Clipper models had the whale logo. The thing that puzzles me here is the tuning fork logo on the dial. This is something I've seen on the later model mechanicals(late 70s) and mostly on models sold by sellers outside of the US. I'm wondering if this might be an overseas model from when Bulova was desperate for sales and tried to capitalize on the Accutron reputation?

#8 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

I got this watch from the Philippines. Like I said, it says N2 on the case back, but who knows if that is original or not? They have a lot of Bulova watches back there.

Do you guys know how to replace the glass of this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.