The 2017 Watch Purchasing Abstinence Club (WPAC) .
Welcome to the 2017 Watch Purchasing Abstinence Club. This tiny corner of f71 is a safe place for those that are intending to abstain from buying watches over the rest of 2017.
Here you can take solace from like minded f71 brethren and get support and encouragement. We can even swap and share coping strategies for getting through what will be a tough time.
My own personal reasons for this is that I've spent far too much and this hobby has absorbed a lot of time and need to stop buying! Yes, I could just stop visiting here, but that just feels like cutting off my nose to spite my face.......
So, who's joining me? I know valuewatchguy is thinking about this, anyone else?
Propsed ground rules (thanks to valuewatchguy for these):
- No new purchases until 1/1/18. Preorders count as a purchase even if delivery is in 2018.
- Trades are okay but must result in no $ spent to make up the difference.
- Any incoming or pending preorders to be disclosed up front.
- New straps are okay.
- Sales are okay but $ can not be reappointed to a new purchase.
- Free watches are okay.
- One exception allowed for the year, but on the basis of one in one out.
- Photos are allowed, but preferably with the intention of getting talked out of another pointless/frivolous purchase.
.......and just so everyone is clear this isn't a deadly serious thread (well, look at the rules ) and for those like me who really do want to try and cut down then it's an encouragement!
WPAC Membership List (in no particular order):
- Jonny Action
- Barry H
- Mr. James Duffy
- TJ Boogie
- kyfra (membership under review)
- Sean Pizzle
If I've missed anyone or mistaken your intent please shout up.....