Thread: 42mm diver

42mm diver

I am looking at 42mm diver Ocean1 to pick up for a beater. Now that Rolex went up even more in price, I am gonna baby my sub a little, but still wanna wear a watch that looks like it.

Does Debaufre ever have a sale? I bought a grovana (that makes debaufre) on ebay, but after reading this forum, found out it had sellita, and the seller confirmed it, so I cancelled the transaction. But the price of 300 bucks was much better than debaufre's 435+shipping.

Just wondering where I can get it for 300 with eta2824, besides looking at ebay every day.

Thanks in advance

Re: 42mm diver

I have seen special promotions on the Ocean in the past; I think they had one a few months ago...but the only thing I have seen recently is the Nav Classic and Airforce Orange promotion here at WUS...hopefully they will have an Ocean sale soon - good luck!

what is wrong with the sellita that you cancelled it?

david

I ask myself the same question what is wrong with Sellita movement?

If you keep an eye out regularly on this sales forum you'll see them for under $350. I agree with you. I'd rather beat daily on a rolex look alike than on a $5000 timepiece. I actually prefer the larger size of the ocean 1 and think their bracelet is better constructed than the rolex.

The reason i don't want sellita is because I don't wanna pay $400for a watch with a less expensive movement made from foreign parts. Why not just put a myota in it and charge 199

Quote Originally Posted by panerai7 View Post
    The reason i don't want sellita is because I don't wanna pay $400for a watch with a less expensive movement made from foreign parts. Why not just put a myota in it and charge 199
    Check around, I think you'll find that the Sellita is a better movement than you are giving it credit for. Sellita worked on ETA movements for many years before making their own, they know what they're doing. I'd put it heads and shoulders above a Miyota any day. Sellita is being used by Anonimo, Breitling, Hubolt, Marcello C and Oris (and of course Debaufre) to name a few.
    Jittery Jim James

Quote Originally Posted by Jittery Jim View Post
    Check around, I think you'll find that the Sellita is a better movement than you are giving it credit for. Sellita worked on ETA movements for many years before making their own, they know what they're doing. I'd put it heads and shoulders above a Miyota any day. Sellita is being used by Anonimo, Breitling, Hubolt, Marcello C and Oris (and of course Debaufre) to name a few.

Thread Information