WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Affordabe watches using the ETA 2892A2?

62K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  t3hite 
#1 ·
This is considered an upper end movement and I'm curious what kind of watches offer the genuine ETA 2892A2 movement, not a clone.

I'm going to guess Hamilton or Tissot might offer watches in the $500 range for a watch containing it? Any others?

#2 ·
Do you mean as a regularly supplied item right now? Because I've gotten some pretty good deals on 2892A2-based watches recently, but usually because they are discontinued.

Hamilton offers the Jazzmaster Slim which retails around US $700 (I think), so a decent discount will bring it into your price range. However, it doesn't have a sweep second hand.

If you don't mind variants of the 2892A2, such as the 2895-2 with sub-seconds dial, then you can get quite a few at a good deals. The Hamilton Aviation QNE and Frogman (automatic) both use this movement and are available at quite a discount.

-s-

#4 ·
The Sea Angler uses the ETA 2824-2 at<=$400
A few Precista watches
Zeno maybe?

#7 ·
In all of my research, I don't think I've ever seen a 289x at the $500 price point. If you are willing to get into the $800-900 range, you have some options:

Epos Originale 3387:
http://www.orolus.com/cgi-bin/Shopp...&detail_sizes=.&detail_keyword=.&search_logo=

Oris Artelier Small Second Date (Oris-worked 2895-2):
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Oris-Artelier-Mens-Small-Second-Date-Watch/3051256/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11190939

Various Robert Lighton Models (Soprod-worked 2892):
http://www.robertlighton.com/watcheshome.html

As usual, I am not vouching for any of these sellers. Just giving links.

#8 ·
In all of my research, I don't think I've ever seen a 289x at the $500 price point.
Hey, you have some pretty good finds there, but let me help your research! I'll include a couple that are within $100, since you're including non-ADs that means pricing can probably be found better.

From ashford.com :

Hamilton QNE (ETA 2895-2), $433
Hamilton Khaki Sunset or Twilight (ETA 2893-2), $482
Movado Museum Automatic Cushion (ETA 2892A2), $478
Hamilton Dodson Automatic (ETA 2895-2), $302-$382 <<<<----!!!! 300 bux!

Also:

Debaufre GMT (ETA 2893-2), $575
Some Invictas (Reserve Collection oftentimes)

A couple that I picked up recently:

Bulova Accutron, from shnoop.com (ETA 2892A2), $156
Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve, from Macys (ETA 2897-2), $532

If you go to preowned or on the sales forum here, you can find quite a few good deals!

-s-

#14 ·
Bling Daily also has an ETA 2892A2 Victorinox watch for $149 today. 32mm so it's kind of a ladies' watch, although the Khaki Field Mechanical is 32mm and called a men's watch.

-s-
Thanks Dean! I ordered one for my lovely missus today!

One other watch with the same movement is the VSA DiveMaster 500 Mecha. I really want that watch, too.

Cheers.

Chuck

#11 ·
How about Orange Watch Companies MilSub-9411 with SeaGull ST18 (which is clone of 2892-2) and Dan has upgrade option to get Soprod A-10 movement inside (swiss 2892A2 movement clone with superior quality compared to ETA movement). SeaGull version comes around 355USD plus shipping and A-10 movement version is just under 700USD plus shipping. That price difference is pretty much just the price difference of the movements so it's a amazing deal.

#17 ·
It's thinner then 2824 just like 28xx family usually is. It's used by boutique brands mostly, like piguet, sarpaneva and ones like ball. And now by Orange Watch Company as well (which has the cheapest A-10 watch I know of, thanks to low margins and no middle men in OWC production, which is why I have one ordered).

For reviews, I saw one brakedown online, but I have no idea where it was. I'll try to search it for you.

#20 · (Edited)
I'd like to revive this thread.

I'm curios if anyone knows the least expensive watches that use the 2892-A2 Top grade movement. The 2892-A2 is generally considered a better movement but a 2824 Top grade movement will probably out perform a 2892 Elaboré movement (that's the lowest grade currently available).

The Sinn 856 (UTC) uses the 2892-A2 or equivalent SW300-1 movements in the top grade at a cost of $1,600. I'd interested to know if the 2892 or SW300 Top grades appear in any less expensive watches.

I've been trying to Google many of the models mentioned above but lots of those watches are no longer available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.