Alexandre Christie watches

Thread: Alexandre Christie watches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alexandre Christie watches

Does anyone know anything about the company Alexandre christie???

Cheers
    Shawn

Re: Alexandre Christie watches

Quote Originally Posted by shawn567 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the company Alexandre christie???

Cheers
    Shawn
    its a low very low end watch

in Indonesia, you could find it everywhere, a cheappo, always immitate big brand design

it cost about 10 $ to the most expensive is the night vision series (quartz with tritium tube) for 120 $

inside is chinese quartz
    and build is not good

I thought only , us, Indonesian people bought this kind of cheapo

where do you see it Shawn?

Quote Originally Posted by music_healing View Post

in Indonesia, you could find it everywhere, a cheappo, always immitate big brand design

it cost about 10 $ to the most expensive is the night vision series (quartz with tritium tube) for 120 $

inside is chinese quartz
    and build is not good

Saw this in sngapore. looks ok. but didnt know anything about the compNY. hey, thanx for ur view.helps me a lot.

shawn

Moved this thread from the seiko forum to the affordables forum where you might get better help.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    Moved this thread from the seiko forum to the affordables forum where you might get better help.

No worries bro.

cheers
    shawn

Quote Originally Posted by music_healing View Post

inside is chinese quartz
    and build is not good

Hey, I saw this watch too. I believe is a HongKong brand. I think is not as cheap as u describe. I have a close up look, looks decent and nice to me.
    For quartz, even a cheap Chinese movt can be very reliable and accurate. YM92 is japan quartz and not Chinese

Finishing is quite good. Price is very reasonable for the night vision one compare to other major night version analog watch.

Unfortunately got no chance to try out and see the night vision luminous. hand.

The night vision one comes with a beautiful box and the watch comes with SS bracelet, one extra pair of resin band and a bracelet removal kit. All at a price of only $170. If the night vision really works as it advertise. I will say its value for money for the quality and price u pay. Remember its a 45mm case watch. Very suitable for macho big size looking guy on their wrist.

I especially like the chrono with red second hand. It even has a decent website. I bet it can't be that lousy.

http://www.alexandrechristie.com/pro...&action=detail

Last edited by GMT-II; April 19th, 2009 at 15:03.

Quote Originally Posted by GMT-II View Post
    I've seen those here in Jpn. They look all right actually...

Hi Shawn, Alexandre Christie is my first watch I bought with my own money when I did my bachelor in Indonesia. I have one with blue dial, chronograph, crystal glass and stainless steel strap in 2003 for around $50. The finishing is great and smooth... Probably a bit subjective but at that time, with my lack knowledge of watch, I can see the difference between a replica watch and my AC; the replica finishing is far more worse than my AC. Now after living several years in Melbourne and owning eight different watches I can say that my AC is comparable with Fossil or the middle price Lorus.

Up to now, it's still running like a wild horse and always keeps time perfectly. So sad I have to leave it back home a year ago...

*PS Dunno about the quality of the latest Alexandre Christie collections, but I have seen their tritium collection and don't interested to have one

Btw this is the last time the AC get pictured (one year ago maybe) before getting polished..
    Name:  IMG20110517_001.jpg
Views: 37336
Size:  620.2 KB
    Last edited by kingmiru; February 19th, 2012 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmiru View Post
    Hi Shawn, Alexandre Christie is my first watch I bought with my own money when I did my bachelor in Indonesia. I have one with blue dial, chronograph, crystal glass and stainless steel strap in 2003 for around $50. The finishing is great and smooth... Probably a bit subjective but at that time, with my lack knowledge of watch, I can see the difference between a replica watch and my AC; the replica finishing is far more worse than my AC. Now after living several years in Melbourne and owning eight different watches I can say that my AC is comparable with Fossil or the middle price Lorus.

Up to now, it's still running like a wild horse and always keeps time perfectly. So sad I have to leave it back home a year ago...

*PS Dunno about the quality of the latest Alexandre Christie collections, but I have seen their tritium collection and don't interested to have one

Btw this is the last time the AC get pictured (one year ago maybe) before getting polished..
    Name:  IMG20110517_001.jpg
Views: 37336
Size:  620.2 KB
    Thanks for your review.. You are far better than watch snob like music_healing who has not know the watch but just bash it becos its not well known brand.

My friend own a AC watch too. From what I see, its quite a decent watch for the price.
    Last edited by Triton9; February 26th, 2012 at 05:34.
    " A great time piece on your wrist shows you are serious of time "

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Thanks for your review.. You are far better than watch snob like music_healing who has not know the watch but just bash it becos its not well known brand.

My friend own a AC watch too. From what I see, its quite a decent watch for the price.
    Thank you Triton, but the real reason is because this brand is quite sentimental and memorable to me.

I bought it with my first salary as lecturer assistant, and I told my mother that I want to buy a new wristwatch. She brought me to her acquaintance, a jeweler and offer me several models of Alexandre Christie. For me at that time, it is a famous name because I remember in the 90's there's a TV Quiz in Indonesia, and the winner usually gets a pair of Alexandre Christie watch. I quickly grab the one above, and later I've just realised that they also have the pepsi diver style. 2 years later I went back to this jeweler to grab that pepsi, but sadly he's run out of business.

Wearing this watch as my only watch for almost 8 years, with three times battery replacement and at least three times water contacts every day for 8 years!! With all sweet memories I have with Alexandre Christie watch, I feel that I have to correct any false comment regarding this watch... That's all :)
    Last edited by kingmiru; February 27th, 2012 at 08:05.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information