Thread: Anyone have the new Timex IQ series?

Question Anyone have the new Timex IQ series?

I've seen some talk on here lately about the IQ series and one watch in particular caught my eye; the T2N700DH or the Black and Tan flyback chronograph. I know it got alot of heat for that messed up dial increment fiasco but that has been apparently fixed by Timex since its discovery. Since I've been thinking of taking a shot at trying one of these out I realized...I've not really seen anyone on here who has one, and no talk of it besides the problem with the dial . Very few (If any it seems) reviews exist and there's only one youtube video that just shows the watch while its running for a few seconds. Does anyone have any personal experience owning or handling this watch? If so, do you feel it was worth the $150-$170 pricetag most sites that offer it require? This watch was so hard to find for a while that I thought it had been discontinued, as it seems its back in stock from a few dealers I'm hoping someone here can help me out as far as their opinion on the watch so I can grab one before it dissapears again. Thanks for any help Oh and if someone here does happen to have it, Some personal pics would be greatly appreciated. Theres nothing but stock photos everywhere of this thing. I'd love to see what it really looks like without the pro lighting and editing.

Name:  timex-t2n700dh-intelligent-quartz-ion-plating.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  18.5 KB
    (This is the watch in question)
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Click HERE to visit my watch review channel

Re: Anyone have the new Timex IQ series?

Quote Originally Posted by jtstav View Post
    I've seen some talk on here lately about the IQ series and one watch in particular caught my eye; the T2N700DH or the Black and Tan flyback chronograph. I know it got alot of heat for that messed up dial increment fiasco but that has been apparently fixed by Timex since its discovery. Since I've been thinking of taking a shot at trying one of these out I realized...I've not really seen anyone on here who has one, and no talk of it besides the problem with the dial . Very few (If any it seems) reviews exist and there's only one youtube video that just shows the watch while its running for a few seconds. Does anyone have any personal experience owning or handling this watch? If so, do you feel it was worth the $150-$170 pricetag most sites that offer it require? This watch was so hard to find for a while that I thought it had been discontinued, as it seems its back in stock from a few dealers I'm hoping someone here can help me out as far as their opinion on the watch so I can grab one before it dissapears again. Thanks for any help Oh and if someone here does happen to have it, Some personal pics would be greatly appreciated. Theres nothing but stock photos everywhere of this thing. I'd love to see what it really looks like without the pro lighting and editing.

Name:  timex-t2n700dh-intelligent-quartz-ion-plating.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  18.5 KB
    (This is the watch in question)
    Saw them and handled one in store before Xmas when they first came out. To be honest I would say not worth the $165 MSRP (CDN) price tag at retail, however not factoring in price, it's a pretty decent watch. Strengths - nice dial, and great color combo, plus the German TX movement. Weaknesses - band seems a bit thin/cheap, and size it just a bit small (which is a personal thing and will vary depending on your wrist size).

These seem to be a bit slow catching on here, as I have yet to see one in the wild, but if the price is right I'd definitely pull the trigger on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead66 View Post
    Saw them and handled one in store before Xmas when they first came out. To be honest I would say not worth the $165 MSRP (CDN) price tag at retail, however not factoring in price, it's a pretty decent watch. Strengths - nice dial, and great color combo, plus the German TX movement. Weaknesses - band seems a bit thin/cheap, and size it just a bit small (which is a personal thing and will vary depending on your wrist size).

These seem to be a bit slow catching on here, as I have yet to see one in the wild, but if the price is right I'd definitely pull the trigger on one.
    Good to know, thanks. I actually have pretty small wrists at 6.25in so thats a good thing for me. I'll wait and see what happens with the price then before pulling the trigger.

I have one with the misprinted dial and, aside from that small quirk, I can't say enough good about it. The Flyback minute hand is very interesting to watch if you are patient enough to watch it for more than ten minutes. The hour register on the chrono doubles as a second time zone. It has two sweep second hands on the main dial set instead of a small second hand subdial. The chrono second hand stays at twelve during regular operation while the regular second hand does its work. The regular second hand beats once per second like any quartz movement would while the chrono has a higher beat, maybe five times per second, for timing to a fraction of a second. I can't say if the date function is intelligent enough to skip over the unused days in a short month because I can't remember wearing it on the end of November, or having to reset the date in December. I bought it on Halloween day and set it up on November the first for a hundred and fifteen Canadian dollars, fifty bucks off retail. The black finish still looks brand new, but I am very gentle with my watches. The strap is very nice with a sort of nubbuck finish. It's a great grab n go watch for days when I don't feel like fiddling with an automatic or hand winder. You should get one.

Does anyone know of a good source for this watch? Amazon has been out of stock for over a month, can't find any other US listing.

Kib

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Does anyone know of a good source for this watch? Amazon has been out of stock for over a month, can't find any other US listing.
    Try Nordstrom. I picked up the one pictured above (Black & Tan) at one of their B&M stores, but you should be able to order online. They also carry the Black & White version. Nice timepiece, TX innards, a lesser case.

Quote Originally Posted by Daboryder View Post
    I have one with the misprinted dial and, aside from that small quirk, I can't say enough good about it. The Flyback minute hand is very interesting to watch if you are patient enough to watch it for more than ten minutes. The hour register on the chrono doubles as a second time zone. It has two sweep second hands on the main dial set instead of a small second hand subdial. The chrono second hand stays at twelve during regular operation while the regular second hand does its work. The regular second hand beats once per second like any quartz movement would while the chrono has a higher beat, maybe five times per second, for timing to a fraction of a second. I can't say if the date function is intelligent enough to skip over the unused days in a short month because I can't remember wearing it on the end of November, or having to reset the date in December. I bought it on Halloween day and set it up on November the first for a hundred and fifteen Canadian dollars, fifty bucks off retail. The black finish still looks brand new, but I am very gentle with my watches. The strap is very nice with a sort of nubbuck finish. It's a great grab n go watch for days when I don't feel like fiddling with an automatic or hand winder. You should get one.

Thanks for the pics, I've been eager to see some shots besides the product image. I think I'm going to wait a little while and see if the price changes at all before pulling the trigger. Maybe amazon will start stocking it again too.

Hello everyone,

Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but this inquiry is related to this watch in particular. I've recently purchased this Flyback Chronograph and I'm crazy about it. So much that I'm contemplating upgrading the crystal to sapphire. I called Timex in attempts to receive information regarding the dimensions of the crystal but surprise... there is none (or they don't want to tell me).

If anyone around here has or had this watch before, would you happen to know if it's a 1mm, 2mm, 3mm thickness? I'm aware the case diameter is 43mm and if I used the metric system correctly I measured the crystals diameter at 37mm. And the face feels flat so I imagine it's not a dome crystal.

Perhaps some may think spending more on this watch would be ludicrous but I love it and I don't mind spending the money. It's a beautiful timepiece and I wouldn't mind keeping it that way for a very long time. If someone has info to share I'd be more than grateful. Cheers.

Thread Information