WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Basic. Casio. Watches.

25K views 52 replies 43 participants last post by  yankeexpress 
#1 ·
Public Service Announcement:

I like this watch. And this Pen. That is all. I think I paid $4 on clearance at eBay. How many others love your basic $20 Casio watches? Not G-Shock. Not Edifice. Not Oceanus. Just basic Casio digital (and maybe some analog/ana-digi). Show your pics below :).

Watch Wrist Watch accessory Technology Fashion accessory

See less See more
#6 ·
Battery operated Casio, I use this watch mainly for jogging and various timing tasks.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Reactions: Skippy4000
#7 ·
IMO the F-91W is the king of cheap but reliable Casio watches.

I don't own that one, but I do have a casio databank (DBC32-A1?). It's a nice novelty for the geek factor, though not my choice for daily wear.

#18 ·
Truth be told, my $39 Casio Waveceptor solar beater gets swapped onto my wrist more often any other watch in my collection (though not for longer hours.) Why? I wear it when playing tennins with my wife, when gardening, when doing maintenance around the house, or anything rough that might scratch or jostle a mechanical too much. Casio rocks.

#25 · (Edited)
Truth be told, my $39 Casio Waveceptor solar beater gets swapped onto my wrist more often any other watch in my collection (though not for longer hours.) Why? I wear it when playing tennins with my wife, when gardening, when doing maintenance around the house, or anything rough that might scratch or jostle a mechanical too much. Casio rocks.
+1.

My Waveceptor is the go-to watch for cycling, snorkelling, and when i needed to see GMT time at work.

Watch Wrist Hand Fashion accessory Strap

#22 ·
Casio are inexpensive and very2 rugged and dependable... what's not to like..

Attachments

#27 · (Edited)
Just got this from Amazon for $14, with the intent of wearing it while biking. The good: IMO a decent-looking watch, better than the Armitron and Timex in this price range. The dial is attractive, heck, I think the watch is attractive. Smaller than most of Casio's 100m+ sports watches, and it fits easily under cuff. Lume on the hands is fair, lume on the dial is weak. The band has the typical annoying problem (of cheaper watches) of not curving around the wrist very well. 'Going for a first MTB ride today, and we'll see how it fares...

10 Year Battery
100M Water Resistant
3-Hand Analog
Accuracy: +/-20 seconds per month
Battery CR2012
Approx. battery life: 10 years
Module 2719
Size of case / total weight
MW600F 46.2 x 41.5 x 12.4mm / 35g

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

#47 · (Edited)
Just got this from Amazon for $14, with the intent of wearing it while biking. The good: IMO a decent-looking watch, better than the Armitron and Timex in this price range. The dial is attractive, heck, I think the watch is attractive. Smaller than most of Casio's 100m+ sports watches, and it fits easily under cuff. Lume on the hands is fair, lume on the dial is weak. The band has the typical annoying problem (of cheaper watches) of not curving around the wrist very well. 'Going for a first MTB ride today, and we'll see how it fares...

10 Year Battery
100M Water Resistant
3-Hand Analog
Accuracy: +/-20 seconds per month
Battery CR2012
Approx. battery life: 10 years
Module 2719
Size of case / total weight
MW600F 46.2 x 41.5 x 12.4mm / 35g

View attachment 2049162
Old thread watch update...

I've had this watch for about 10 months now, and it is working great for the purpose. I mentioned the lume is fair, but I'm happy to report that it lasts long enough if I am caught out on the trail a couple hours after dark. Most importantly, visibility during daylight is very good (as are many analog watches with contrasting hands): I have a digital Ironman that has fair readability and a digital G-Shock that has near zero visibility while my hands are on the handlebar.

It's plastic/acrylic(?) crystal has become scratched up, but less than 2 minutes with Brasso and a paper towel cleaned it right up.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Strap

How's your "Basic. Casio. Watch." holding up?

#29 · (Edited)
(all pictures grabbed from the interwebs - I'm too lazy to dig up my own)

AQS800W - my first Ana-Digi and solar to boot. It's become a bathroom clock because I learned that I can't handle anything analog (even with digital) without a second hand...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

F105 - EL version of the venerable F91:
Watch Wrist Digital clock Stopwatch Timer

W-202- same size as F91, much better module (as previously mentioned). The slightly angled buttons help keep them from getting pressed by accident:
Watch Digital clock Clock Watch accessory Fashion accessory

And my favorite cheap digital (even though the W-202 is quantitatively better, as is the F105), the F91W-G:
Watch Wrist Watch accessory Material property Hand

Reactions: Iyonk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.