Bernhardt Watches

Thread: Bernhardt Watches

-->
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bernhardt Watches

The Berhardt watches look like excellent bargains. I know the movement is Swiss - can anyone tell me where they're made? Thanks

Re: Bernhardt Watches

I actually just emailed the owner about this same issue and here is his exact reply from my inbox

"The Binnacle was assembled here in North Carolina. The Corsair was assembled in Hong Kong. The plant I use in Hong Kong assembles for 3 or 4 Swiss companies. I am just fortunate to use them.
    When I assemble 50 watches or less it is done here. I ran out of Binnacles but just assembled 10
    Fred B. Amos
    "

From what I can tell from the other comments on the board, the Bernhardt Binnacle is a good if not great value. Especially since he often offers them on the board for $249. He may even still have some of his orange C-50 Binnacles which were a limited edition run of 50, but from what I can tell he still sells those for $299. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger faster is that they are 39mm w/o crown. I wish I could see more wrist shots before hand...

Quote Originally Posted by muxinick View Post
    I actually just emailed the owner about this same issue and here is his exact reply from my inbox

"The Binnacle was assembled here in North Carolina. The Corsair was assembled in Hong Kong. The plant I use in Hong Kong assembles for 3 or 4 Swiss companies. I am just fortunate to use them.
    When I assemble 50 watches or less it is done here. I ran out of Binnacles but just assembled 10
    Fred B. Amos
    "
    Ahhh, I was hoping against hope they were all made domestically. It's interesting - 3 or 4 Swiss companies have watches assembled in Hong Kong - I wonder which companies, and what models? Does "Swiss Made" not necessarily mean "Swiss Made" any longer?

Well, keep in mind that his watches just have "swiss movement", but the Binnacle which I am interested in is made domestically, but it seems you like the cosair. But I would be willing to bet that those who are made in Hong Kong don't say Swiss made but swiss movement, because I believe the Swiss have tough regulations on what "swiss made" can be put on. Not sure though.

I *REALLY* like the Bernhardt Globemaster. In fact I wish someone on here would buy it and post pictures of themselves wearing it, just so I could live vicariously through them cause it's really not in my budget right now

Like I told Fred (owner of Bernhardt) I am selling some of my watches and saving money so that I can buy a nicer watch. I wish more people had them and I am sure Fred does too, lol. So that more photos could be shown, but Fred told me that the Binnacle is currently in the 140's in terms of the production numbers.

I would be all over the Globemaster if it came in a different color combination. I have plenty of blue and orange now! Great looking watch that has a really interesting movement modification for the GMT hand. I read a review on one of the other boards.

If he makes a black dial version I am ordering!

Cheers,
    Griff

Quote Originally Posted by MMT View Post
    The Swiss may have tough regulations, but it doesn't help very much if no one abides by them.
    Attached photo borrowed from an eBay seller.
    (Dear Forum Moderators, In case there's a copyright problem with the attached photo, please feel free to delete).

By the way, does anyone know what rules apply for copying third party photos from the internet and posting them here on WUS? I don't wish to get myself or anyone else here in trouble! I'm not afraid for this particular photo because it obviously is a non-Swiss made watch that is sold as Swiss, but I'm interested to know what the rules are in general.

Thank you,

MMT
    Far as I know WUS has no official policy re: use of net pics.
    Ernie (site owner) is away on a brief holiday.
    I think we view most pics as public domain, once on the net unless otherwise stated with one of those stern sounding warnings.
    I've posted your query in the Mod's Forum and will get back.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

As far as I know, there's no official WUS policy. Out of courtesy and respect for the original photograper, if known, you should give him credit for the photo. Put a line like "Photo by Joe Blow" under the pic you are posting, or "Pic borrowed from XYZ site".
    Last edited by leewmeister; February 22nd, 2007 at 16:58.

Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information