Like Tree5576Likes

Thread: Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Page 78 of 261 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast

Re: Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    That is stunning! I like the white date wheel.....gives some balance and symmetry to the white 9 hour marker.
    well, now I think I'll keep it like that. Symetry is exactly what I like about it. They would change it but I don't think I want it anymore. a) I don't want to sent my new watch away b) it looks good :D

Quote Originally Posted by RBD96976 View Post
    Mr. Kiger,
    what is the price point on this watch?
    Rob
    Rob, as I said in my post the sale price has not been set yet but it will be cheaper than a MKII Nassau which sells for $895. The Kiger Milsub will come with some swag, a t-shirt,sticker & branded watch taco travel case. Limited from 20 to 25 pieces. I'm sorry I can't give you an exact price yet but it will be worth it & there is a lot more I have planned that I can't release as of yet but will enhance the experience of owning a Kiger Milsub. Cheers, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    Thank you for the back story to your watch, Kiger. I have to admit that initially I didn't like the logo. However, I have grown to like it and was disappointed when I heard through Chris that his next run of W3 vintage divers would have the same sterile dial as did the first 50 and would not be "branded" (I didn't ask him directly about the "Kiger" branding). I don't need, and probably won't buy, another 6538 homage (have the Helenarou and Kingstion already and am actually on Chris' email list for when preorders on the W3 version go live - not sure if I'm going to put my name on the pre-order list or not. Leaning toward not, as I am on the preorder lists for the OWC Snowflake with date and the Dagaz Typhoon T-II), but yours is interesting and tempting...
    Thanks Darwin, I actually had to convince Chris to do the simplified W3 logo & put it on his crown. I worked up several different versions of a logo for him but he stil hasn't taken it to the dial. He did do a few dials for another watch himself but the logo was just Wilson Watch Works spelled out & it was too long & didn't work well. He really just enjoys assembling & restoring pre owned watches. I'm an artist & designer so I like branding on a watch although I do own some & appreciate sterile dial watches. My intention of creating a brand is to take the experience of owning a Kiger Milsub beyond the initial point of just purchasing the watch & a relationship with the Watch enthusiasts that purchase a watch.
    Cheers, Mark
    CCJ, Darwin, AlphaWolf777 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KIGER View Post
    My intention of creating a brand is to take the experience of owning a Kiger Milsub beyond the initial point of just purchasing the watch & a relationship with the Watch enthusiasts that purchase a watch.
    Cheers, Mark
    You've got my attention!
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

This makes me love my MkII Kingston even more. Check out this article on Rolex Passion Reboot about the Heritage Submariner Big Crown that Project X Designs is doing. Limited edition of 60 pieces for the 60th anniversary of the Submariner. Complete with vintagized lume, NOS Big Crown, red triangle, and white seconds hand. http://rolexpassionreport.com/13265/...ex-submariner/

(Kiger, you're gonna sell out of MilSubs when people see this!)

Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

That ProjectXDesign is truly a beauty, as is your MKII.
    Seeing this pic makes me like my Raven even more

Name:  raven wrist.JPG
Views: 1399
Size:  198.3 KB

I've had my Squale 20 Atmos for a week and really like it. Just wondered if you get these contact marks made by the buckle/clasp scraping on the bracelet. I think this depends on which micro adjustment hole you wear yours. Thanks.
    Name:  securedownload.jpeg
Views: 1097
Size:  65.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Courrege View Post
    I've had my Squale 20 Atmos for a week and really like it. Just wondered if you get these contact marks made by the buckle/clasp scraping on the bracelet. I think this depends on which micro adjustment hole you wear yours. Thanks.
    Yes, these types of scuff marks are common on bracelets, at least in my experience (Rolex, Seiko, Dagaz, OWC, MKII, Steinhart)
    Current Rotation: Crepas, Dagaz, Helenarou, Marathon, MCW, MKII, Watchco, Omega, OWC, Precista, Rolex, Seiko, Tudor, W3
    Other: Bulova, BW Raymond, Citizen, Elgin, Eterna, Girard-Perregaux, Hamilton, Illinois, Longines, Universal
    Inbound/Pre-ordered: Lew&Huey Orthos
    Gone but not forgtotten: Armida, Halios, Raven, Steinhart, T2

Quote Originally Posted by Fullers1845 View Post
    This makes me love my MkII Kingston even more. Check out this article on Rolex Passion Reboot about the Heritage Submariner Big Crown that Project X Designs is doing. Limited edition of 60 pieces for the 60th anniversary of the Submariner. Complete with vintagized lume, NOS Big Crown, red triangle, and white seconds hand. http://rolexpassionreport.com/13265/...ex-submariner/

(Kiger, you're gonna sell out of MilSubs when people see this!)
    Fullers1845, I'm increasingly finding myself in agreement with you. Initially, I didn't like the red triangle without lume pip, but it is growing on me!
    Fullers1845 likes this.
    Current Rotation: Crepas, Dagaz, Helenarou, Marathon, MCW, MKII, Watchco, Omega, OWC, Precista, Rolex, Seiko, Tudor, W3
    Other: Bulova, BW Raymond, Citizen, Elgin, Eterna, Girard-Perregaux, Hamilton, Illinois, Longines, Universal
    Inbound/Pre-ordered: Lew&Huey Orthos
    Gone but not forgtotten: Armida, Halios, Raven, Steinhart, T2

+1 for the 20 Atmos!
    Especially on the NATO damn close to the Sub:

Whish they would taper the original bracelet down to 16 mm and drill the lug holes right through...

All the best, Ben

Thread Information